Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

2Barrels

FNG
Not seeing 20% off. 10% on a few. Got their email last Friday about 20% off, but doesn't seem to be available - at least for the stocks I'm interested in.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
Truly unfortunate that the stock needed sanding out of the box.

Currently waiting on a AG Privateer with a T3x/Proof Sendero Lite inlet. Besides the rifle waiting on the AG, I've got another T3 that could use a stock upgrade, but waiting on the AG before I make a decision one way or the other. Nice thing about the AG is that I was able to get it ordered with texturing in the grip area and the forend, abeit the wait is 14-16 weeks (I was told 12 wks when I ordered it on 3/10)). If I go the route of a Stocky's, I may very well find some 'spray grit' to add texture to the same areas.
Question for ya: who did you order the privateer through? Ag was pushing folks to resellers earlier this year.

2Barrels

FNG
I talked to AG Composites and they said that the Tikka inlets were only going to be available thru dealers - for now.
With this in mind, I 'coerced' the LGS to become a dealer, ordered it thru them. (Actually, one of the guys at the LGS had taken an interest in the AG Privateer, Tikka inlet, so it was too hard to persuade/coerce them.)

Pickle

FNG
Spoke with Darlene today at AG and she said that they are about 6 weeks behind right now. I ordered my Privateer on 2/23 and it was a 10-12 week backlog give or take. She checked on my stock and it was in “manufacturing” right now. I’m glad they’re swamped. More power to them and the gun community with a quality American made product.

However….I am getting antsy for it to get here lol.

2Barrels

FNG
Spoke with Darlene today at AG and she said that they are about 6 weeks behind right now. I ordered my Privateer on 2/23 and it was a 10-12 week backlog give or take. She checked on my stock and it was in “manufacturing” right now. I’m glad they’re swamped. More power to them and the gun community with a quality American made product.

However….I am getting antsy for it to get here lol.
Getting (been) antsy myself.

I talked to AG Composites and they said that the Tikka inlets were only going to be available thru dealers - for now.
With this in mind, I 'coerced' the LGS to become a dealer, ordered it thru them. (Actually, one of the guys at the LGS had taken an interest in the AG Privateer, Tikka inlet, so it was too hard to persuade/coerce them.)
Lee @OMRifles is great at delivering faster than average, 100% recommended,
+ he does great work, never read complaints about his business anywhere.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'm guessing @Ucsdryder would disagree with you there.
Hahahhahahahaha @stiwarrior you must not have looked very hard.

Go on his Facebook page and there are complaints. Not mine.

Go on google reviews and there are complaints…..those complains were not mine either.

Go on here and you can read my experience with him, plus his response where he basically admitted that everything I said was true and made excuses. Glad it worked out. Take a flashlight and shine it into the chamber. I know of 5 people now that have had issues with his chamber jobs, me included. There are other guys on here that have posted about their issues with good ole Lee too.

Last edited:
Hahahhahahahaha @stiwarrior you must not have looked very hard.

Go on his Facebook page and there are complaints. Not mine.

Go on google reviews and there are complaints…..those complains were not mine either.

Go on here and you can read my experience with him, plus his response where he basically admitted that everything I said was true and made excuses. Glad it worked out. Take a flashlight and shine it into the chamber. I know of 5 people now that have had issues with his chamber jobs, me included. There are other guys on here that have posted about their issues with good ole Lee too.
😲 never mind I didnt say anything, I have only ordered parts from him and his been awesome so far. I have 2 bolt shrouds, a bottom metal and an ag composite stock Which I received within 4 weeks of ordering.
He has never done any work on my rifles so I cant speak for that.

Ucsdryder

WKR
😲 never mind I didnt say anything, I have only ordered parts from him and his been awesome so far. I have 2 bolt shrouds, a bottom metal and an ag composite stock Which I received within 4 weeks of ordering.
Haha it’s all good. His main issue is his gunsmithing ability. I don’t think you can go wrong ordering parts!

Wizbang

FNG
Haha it’s all good. His main issue is his gunsmithing ability. I don’t think you can go wrong ordering parts!

My OMR prefit for my tikka is a tack driver. Ordered and then delivered within 1 1/2 weeks.
I have read your review about of his gunsmith ability. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is nothing but positive when I have done business the one time with Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter26

Lil-Rokslider
My OMR prefit for my tikka is a tack driver. Ordered and then delivered within 1 1/2 weeks.
I have read your review about of his gunsmith ability. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is nothing but positive when I have done business the one time with Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could call it his opinion that Lee is a terrible gunsmith but the fact his rifle has had so many problems make it more of a fact “in my opinion”! I have a OMR rifle as well and basically have the same issues. Yes you can order a prefit and it shoots good but that speaks nothing to his gunsmith issues. I have taken my rifle to a real gunsmith for the second time to fix problems. Currently I am seeing if the chambering can be smoothed out because I was having issues with extraction of my spent cartridges after a few times fired brass. Crazy how rough it was after simply shinning a light down it. Last word but after looking into it there seems to be a bunch of issues with OMR rifles like Ucsdryder is having.