Long range tannerite question

Geewhiz

WKR
Ok guys I've got a question for you in regards to igniting tannerite at low projectile speeds. Reactive targets are always fun to shoot whether it be soda cans/bottles, tannerite, etc.

I'd like to be able to shoot tannerite at further distances, always fun to make a competition out of it when shooting with friends. Problem is most tannerite brands that I've seen require a projectile to be traveling 2000-2200 fps to make it go off and for most rifles I shoot, the bullets pass below that threshold in the 5-700 yard range.

I know safety first and I don't want to get blown sky high mixing it but is there any way to make it more unstable so it can be set off at lower projectile speeds?

maxx075

FNG
I've set off my own homemade mix with a .22, so I think a legit binary tannerite would detonate at the velocity of 5-700 range.

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
It will detonate in that range, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get to ingnite by a bullet traveling in the 1200 fps range or so. Safely. It would be cool to be able to detonate it at >1200 yds