Long range tannerite question

Geewhiz

WKR
Ok guys I've got a question for you in regards to igniting tannerite at low projectile speeds. Reactive targets are always fun to shoot whether it be soda cans/bottles, tannerite, etc.

I'd like to be able to shoot tannerite at further distances, always fun to make a competition out of it when shooting with friends. Problem is most tannerite brands that I've seen require a projectile to be traveling 2000-2200 fps to make it go off and for most rifles I shoot, the bullets pass below that threshold in the 5-700 yard range.

I know safety first and I don't want to get blown sky high mixing it but is there any way to make it more unstable so it can be set off at lower projectile speeds?

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
I've set off my own homemade mix with a .22, so I think a legit binary tannerite would detonate at the velocity of 5-700 range.

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
It will detonate in that range, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get to ingnite by a bullet traveling in the 1200 fps range or so. Safely. It would be cool to be able to detonate it at >1200 yds