looking for a late season cow hunt

Jacack

WKR
after a disappointing archery season myself and a buddy are looking for a cow hunt for meat. He is a bird hunting guide in SD and his last group is dec 12th so we can go anytime after that.

wondering if anyone has a line on a reasonable hunt. we don't need a guide but are open to whatever we can find to put meat in the freezer.
don't need fancy just good odds to get shot opportunity

thanks
jared

mntnguide

WKR
The late refuge hunt over in Jackson Wyoming. Put in weekly. Very high success.
Unless they already drew Wyoming elk tags... you can't just show up and get a tag without having a general in your possession already

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Costco has large packages of meat. Seriously, I don't think there is anything that can be had without putting in early.

You can buy OTC elk B in Montana, but you have to do it before the start of general season. Also they are mainly for private land.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Montana b cow tags? Anyone know of this is an option

that is an option, but you are just joining the problem in montana with shoulder seasons and screwing up hunting for future generations. i really wish hunters would stop shooting themselves in the foot in montana. can't blame someone because its legal, but i just wish hunters would think of their own actions.

Sturgeon

WKR

codym

WKR
There’s landowner tags in NM but it’s pretty late, may not be much available and a pretty good drive for you

cgasner1

WKR
Anything left in Montana is gonna have very low success odds unless you have access to some private or open you check book the tags are still for sale for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk