WKR
Shoot2HuntU
images

Bushnell_LRHSiLG-1.jpg

;)🫣
Reticle sucks.

Marshfly

WKR
Hopefully it's not just a pipe dream. They listened before and I think it has and will continue to pay off for them.

Not sure how many units they had but I bet they didn't expect to sell out or to sell out that quick.
I would 100% replace my son's Credo on his 6.5CM Tikka with that scope. It would replace the 6x SWFA on my 223 Tikka also.

Building a ultra lightweight 6CM next year and that configuration is my dream scope for it also.

I’m definitely an FFP guy but I recently bought a Tikka T3X compact in 223 primarily for my grandson (8 years old) to shoot but I’m leaning toward the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 Mil R but it’s only available in SFP.

This Maven is definitely a contender, but for him I feel SFP would be better, especially at lower magnification and the NF is 6oz lighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Marshfly

WKR
I’m definitely an FFP guy but I recently bought a Tikka T3X compact in 223 primarily for my grandson (8 years old) to shoot but I’m leaning toward the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 Mil R but it’s only available in SFP.

This Maven is definitely a contender, but for him I feel SFP would be better, especially at lower magnification and the NF is 6oz lighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The SWFA 6x on my 223 tikka is an MOA version since that’s all I could find. Those seem to sit when they come up for sale and are perfect for that rifle and especially perfect for young shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 5 and 7 year Olds are doing great with swfa 6x and 3-9. If anything, the simpler solution (ie ffp) is even better for young kids.

Juan_ID

WKR
There was an NF employee we squadded with at the nrlhunter finale and I told him they needed a nx5 ffp 3-15x42 24oz or less. He said they are constantly working on and exploring new things but 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
First thing on your list is the only responsible for killing
Everything else is comfort
Save weight on comfort items and have a better killing tool

If there weren’t reliable lighter options then you’d have a point. But since we know a reliable 20oz FFP scope is completely feasible then extra weight in this case is just that, extra weight for size/features not critical in killing (cause those are covered already at 20oz). That’s why the nitpick about scopes that add extra features/magnification/objective dia and come with an extra 4-8oz that isn’t required for reliable killing in the process.

amassi

WKR
If there weren’t reliable lighter options then you’d have a point. But since we know a reliable 20oz FFP scope is completely feasible then extra weight in this case is just that, extra weight for size/features not critical in killing (cause those are covered already at 20oz). That’s why the nitpick about scopes that add extra features/magnification/objective dia and come with an extra 4-8oz that isn’t required for reliable killing in the process.

I think most people will take the added features of a zero stop, capped windage, fast focus eyepiece and parallax adjustment for the Inconsequential weight penalty.
If the 3-9 swfa works for you then it’s already an option- sort of. Used market only

I see this maven living on my hunting rifle most of the year and possibly getting pulled for a SS 3-9 if I have a tag that is expecting to be a particularly grueling hunt.