Michiganders that have flown to Newfoundland help

boneshed

FNG
Looking for advice from any michiganders that have flown to newfoundland for a moose hunt. Did you fly out of Detroit or drive over to London Ont or Toronto to fly out ?

I'm 6 hours from Toronto and that's what I was thinking and I think I could bring my meat and horns back on air canada and not pay the extra freight charge and have to drive 4 hours to Detroit in December to pick up my meat but I'm not sure how that works. Long term parking is another idk at Toronto airport not sure how it works.

I did the drive from Michigan-- it's a long long way. With regards to the trip investment, I needed to know my gear would arrive and not be lost by the airlines. The drive and ferry added several days to my trip but it also added to the adventure. Regardless, it's an awesome hunt. You'll love it.

I'm 6 hours from Toronto and that's what I was thinking and I think I could bring my meat and horns back on air canada and not pay the extra freight charge and have to drive 4 hours to Detroit in December to pick up my meat but I'm not sure how that works. Long term parking is another idk at Toronto airport not sure how it works.
Not exactly sure where you're at in the state, but another option to consider is flying out of Sault Ste Marie, ON. Small, regional airport that is a hell of a lot easier dealing with compared to Toronto IMO. I, too, prefer to cross the border via car vs flying in, but that's just me.

I booked out of Toronto. Saved some money and no layovers straight fligh so hope they don't lose my gear. Hoping for canada will fly my meat back to my car in Toronto

Back