Mike Tyson VS Jake Paul

Riplip

WKR
He does look impressive in his workouts. Jake may have taken too big of a bite.
I hope this is a straight up legitimate fight (ie no headgear or other weird rules to accomodate JP).

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
He does look impressive in his workouts. Jake may have taken too big of a bite.
I hope this is a straight up legitimate fight (ie no headgear or other weird rules to accomodate JP).

I was reading they are pushing to have a legitimate match. Problem is the commission sanctioning it with the age, and possible weight difference, etc and the risks attributed.

They have been saying no headgear since that rumor started. But were still saying 18oz gloves.

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
I was reading they are pushing to have a legitimate match. Problem is the commission sanctioning it with the age, and possible weight difference, etc and the risks attributed.

They have been saying no headgear since that rumor started. But were still saying 18oz gloves.
Risk for who? JP? because i think Tyson can take his punch hands down. It will be nice to see.

This one worries me more than it should. Every old retired MMA fighter that's jumped into the mix I've thought "There's no way he doesn't come out on top" only to get flatlined by the hard hitter. Like everyone, I'm hoping Iron Mike lets it loose and pieces him up.

dusky

FNG

Yeah, the 18 Oz gloves is why people are saying this will be nothing more than an exhibition fight. As much as I would love love to see Mike Tyson hammer Jake Paul's face bloody, I don't think he'll be allowed to do so, per contract.

intunegp

WKR
Interesting enough, per ESPN this is a sanctioned professional heavyweight bout now.

I wonder how other professional boxers feel about Jake Paul racking up wins on his pro record for knocking out a former NBA player, another Youtuber, and some retired UFC fighters...and now the opportunity to add another with someone three years younger than his dad and 30 years his senior.

If he beats Mike I think he just needs to go ahead and get in the ring with Usyk.

180ls1

WKR
I wonder how other professional boxers feel about Jake Paul racking up wins on his pro record for knocking out a former NBA player, another Youtuber, and some retired UFC fighters...and now the opportunity to add another with someone three years younger than his dad and 30 years his senior.

If he beats Mike I think he just needs to go ahead and get in the ring with Usyk.

lol. I am sure they hate it.

Do you think Fury will pull out of the Usyk fight for a 5th time?

kfili

Lil-Rokslider

Boxing is known to pad records of up and comers with easy fights. JP is just doing it on his own (and much more annoyingly)

intunegp

WKR
lol. I am sure they hate it.

Do you think Fury will pull out of the Usyk fight for a 5th time?

I don't think so. He's too proud to take any more ridicule for not wanting to fight a guy.

Boxing is known to pad records of up and comers with easy fights. JP is just doing it on his own (and much more annoyingly)

Fair, but if anyone who came up through the amateur ranks was scheduling fights with retired athletes from other sports they would be exhibition and nothing more. It's only somehow acceptable because he's this unexpected outsider with tons of media reach. Honestly I'd be fine with it if he'd stop the hype train of how he's going to be the best in the world and just call it what it is...he's having fun beating up people that by all means he should be able to beat up in the ring. Until he steps in with someone in his weight class and takes their belt, he's just a show man getting richer off silly matchups.

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think so. He's too proud to take any more ridicule for not wanting to fight a guy.

Fair, but if anyone who came up through the amateur ranks was scheduling fights with retired athletes from other sports they would be exhibition and nothing more. It's only somehow acceptable because he's this unexpected outsider with tons of media reach. Honestly I'd be fine with it if he'd stop the hype train of how he's going to be the best in the world and just call it what it is...he's having fun beating up people that by all means he should be able to beat up in the ring. Until he steps in with someone in his weight class and takes their belt, he's just a show man getting richer off silly matchups.
totally agree- but he isnt going to stop- hes doing it for the $$ and its working. there is a 6 page thread on a hunting forum about him haha

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Snippets of him slinging hard punches does not translate in the ability to fight one single round, in anyway what’s so ever. At a minimum, let’s see him hit a bag for three minutes, then we will know something. What you’re watching is short clips of a habitual pot smoking 57-year-old man, move in short bursts. This is simply theatre peoples. Good for Mike though, I’m glad he’s getting one more payday. I just hope he doesn’t get hurt in the process.

rlynn27

FNG
Classified Approved
Paul has to survive the first few rounds. He likely stays on his bicycle and keeps Mike chasing him hoping he will tire out. If it’s anything like the Tyson/Roy Jones fight neither man will be throwing haymakers to the head and it ends in a draw.

The reality is, Jake is a legitimate mid-level pro boxer. He won’t ever win a title or likely even contend but his boxing skill is very good. Tyson peaked about 35 years ago, has a lot of hard miles, and didn’t take great care of himself for a long time. If the fight is not scripted, it’s going to be a young man beating up an old man, and will be harsh to watch. I really hope I’m wrong.