Montana refund question

j_volt

WKR
My friend (in Missouri) received his refund last Tuesday. I received my tag the same day.

There seems to be some Tom Foolery on the missing refunds.

j_volt

WKR
I am getting more pissed with each passing day. This is a complete clusterf%ck
I am guessing they are not sure what all they screwed up. One way to know who got checks would be to wait 2-4 weeks, see which checks have cleared their bank account, and then see who has not yet cashed a check. In theory, that would help them identify a population of those that did not receive checks.

cfdjay

WKR
It’s time to organize something a little more official. This is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_volt

WKR
The lack of leverage is so frustrating. What are we going to do? Quit applying in MT? They don't care. The general tags are, and likely will always be, sold out.

OP
B
It’s time to organize something a little more official. This is unacceptable.

I’m about ready to call my credit card company and do a dispute for products not received, but I wouldn’t know what that would mean for my PP or my future of hunting Montana.

OP
B
BTW called today. They gave an excuse that they are getting a lot of returns from USPS with both refund checks and tags. Didn’t say why they are getting the returns, but I’d guess a postage issue.

So essentially more non answers. The poor girl seemed clueless and it seemed like a different department from the licensing division did the actual mailing. To be expected, a shitshow. I’m about to blow up old Hanks Worsech’s inbox/voicemail multiple times a day until I get my check.

I’m about ready to call my credit card company and do a dispute for products not received, but I wouldn’t know what that would mean for my PP or my future of hunting Montana.
Did your PP get wiped out too?

Hell I got a tag I didn't draw so I am not sure I could even dispute it with my cc company. :ROFLMAO:

Thinking I am gonna have to wait for my prepaid envelope and send my tag back before I get my refund....getting my PP back will probably take the rest of the year.

cfdjay

WKR
The lack of leverage is so frustrating. What are we going to do? Quit applying in MT? They don't care. The general tags are, and likely will always be, sold out.

The leverage is limited I agree however working for a govt institute myself, I assure you that bad press is leverage. Going to the media may not seem like a big deal but that's when the higher-ups have to answer to the even higher-ups.

fatlander

WKR
This is an absolute joke. The most expensive general elk tag you can buy, increased preference point cost by 100%, inconsistent language vs policy on time requirements for applying to retain preference points, refunds that have been “in the mail” for months, and thousands of people receiving tags they didn’t draw. How is it possible to be this incompetent with 10s of millions of dollars when you’re supposed to be the stewards of one of America’s greatest natural resources?

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
At what point will MFWP decide this headache isn't worth it anymore and bite the bullet spending money on an updated modern day draw system. Yes a new system is expensive for an endeavor like this, but between the amount of phone calls they have to receive, incorrectly mailed tags/refunds, etc. it would just be easier to look at a new system. If this happened every year the new systems ROI would be paid off in no time.

lintond

WKR
I got my tag and $4 refund in the mail last week. No idea why I got a $4 refund…talk about a waste of resources. Maybe because I didn’t draw a LE tag?

OP
B
I hunt the Dillon area and sent an email to Tom Welch, the state Rep for the area I hunt.

I doubt he will care too much as I’m not a constituent, but if he gets emails from multiple nonresidents who regularly hunt the area it might say something. Phone calls from state politicians to FWP might start to light a fire under their ass.

I feel like it’s sort of pissing in the wind, but I guess it’s better than waiting on the mail everyday for a check that it seems will never make it.

OP
B

[email protected]

I’d encourage everyone to send Director Worsech an email about this. An email to the state rep or senator in the area you hunt wouldn’t hurt either. I think it’s time to make some noise.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, or the check in this case.

MNbowman

FNG
Couldn't get a call through so i emailed fwp. Getting a different answer with them stating there was a delay with the print service and they were sent out on the 27th of May.