Most under rated piece of equipment

Wassid82

WKR
Water bladder. Silent on stocks and no annoying sloshing all day long, or misplaced water bottles at the last glassing point 10 miles back 😣

sfc2140

FNG
Med kit for me is super important to me. Cuts, reactions to Bug bites, or headaches could ruin any hunt having something to treat or reduce any pain is a must

Poles. Never hunted with them, but started training with them this year and there’s just no comparison when coming downhill.

Anyone who has ever experienced any type of knee injury should be using them in my opinion. The difference is simply incredible.

There are a lot of pieces of gear that are underrated and I’m not listing the main ones that aren’t really underrated (I reach, water filter, etc...), which to me underrated is something that isn’t critical, but can make a good trip amazing. For me that is the ability to sleep well and with that said...

Klymet static V sleeping pad. Never leave the house without it.

I vote headlamp, especially when the days are shorter, there's no substitute for artificial light.

Poles. Never hunted with them, but started training with them this year and there’s just no comparison when coming downhill.

Anyone who has ever experienced any type of knee injury should be using them in my opinion. The difference is simply incredible.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmees1

FNG
A long handled spoon/spork. Went 7 days with dirty hands every meal because my eating utensil couldn't reach the bottom of the mountain houses.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Shemagh. It’s protection from the sun. Keeps you warm in the wind, keeps the sun out of your eyes when glassing, you can wet it down and use it to cool off. I have several from downrange I’m always wearing one when I hunt.
A bandana does the same thing and doesn't have a connection to a religion of hate. Sorry, but I'm not wearing anything that reminds me of my time spent in those shit hole countries. They are effective, but that's an easy pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Turkey165

FNG
you can make bow/d-loop clip with a any hook style clip and d-loop material. I hang mine on bino harness. main compartment. some even have them installed already. Badland bino harness for example.

ChrisAU

WKR
A long handled spoon/spork. Went 7 days with dirty hands every meal because my eating utensil couldn't reach the bottom of the mountain houses.

Even with a long spoon, cut the excess 3-5” off the bag after it cooks with a knife

elkyinzer

WKR
Underrated? I say a shower and a beer. Best of both worlds a shower beer. Camping is great but I am so much mentally sharper when I live like a human being.