MT "Honeymoon Weekend"

ScottinPA

WKR
It's funny you say that. Last year we went to MT for a vacation and now I have full permission to seek gainful employment in the treasure state. She loved the low humidity & mountains. My firm may be opening an office there soon and I've already put myself on the volunteer list.

That's my sneaky plan for family vacation this year. Get her to the mtns and let her experience what I see when I'm hunting there. Hopefully that'll be enough to break the apron strings and get me permission. Been trying for 20+ years to get her out there.

Checked this place out, and called them as well. Looks like a nice place, that Chipmunk Cottage must be popular there isn't any openings in July and only a few nights in August.

So what all did you do when you stayed here? Just stick to the resort activities? I see they have whitewater rafting in ID about an hour from the resort.

Lots of great hikes in the southern Bitterroot right out of Darby. Trapper Peak is the highest point in the bitterroots with awesome views. It's a tough, all day hike if you want something more intense. If you want more of a nice, scenic stroll head to lake Como and walk the trail that follows the shoreline around the lake.

Good fly fishing on the main stem of the Bitterroot, along with the East and West Forks close to Darby.

Take a quick drive up to Hamilton for the two breweries, and for Naps- home to giant, greasy & awesome burgers.

Checked this place out, and called them as well. Looks like a nice place, that Chipmunk Cottage must be popular there isn't any openings in July and only a few nights in August.

So what all did you do when you stayed here? Just stick to the resort activities? I see they have whitewater rafting in ID about an hour from the resort.

It is a really nice place. My wife and I can't wait to go back for an anniversary. During our stay, we did a ton of horseback riding and panning for sapphires. We went fly fishing, hiking, ate phenomenal food the whole time, hot tubed under the stars in the evening and lit a wood fire every morning.

Last edited: