Muley Freak poaching case plea deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Didn’t sound like it. You’ll have to look up on HuntTalk, they’ve been following it pretty closely. Possible felony case still open but I’m not sure if that’s totally accurate or if the court system hasn’t updated the case online yet
If he didn't then that's total bull crap...I'm sure he cried and said that its his main source of income but come on...a truck driver still loses his license when he gets a dui

TaperPin

WKR
Idaho is an interesting place - quite a collection of old deeply established families and the type of person who gravitates there from other states. In the 7 years I lived in Boise, it was surprising some state laws are enforced very strictly, others not so much, and how much political clout a person has very much has an impact on how you’re treated, and not just the family that makes french fries. It’s a small state and doesn’t take long before you know someone from every corner, and in small communities everyone knows everyone.

I figure there are three potential reasons why he may have received preferential treatment, but I won’t spell them out or someone related to each would get butt hurt. It’s not unlike much of rural America - the good old boy system is alive and well.

Prime example of how the courts handle wildlife violations. I would hate trying to be an LEO enforce the laws knowing the DA's would not prosecute or the judge would jutrow it out.
Yup. Wildlife law has not kept pace with modern realities in regards to wildlife value and how anti-social these acts are. There needs to be legislative change on sentencing standards. Poaching is easier than ever with modern technology, and as financially lucrative as it ever. Current penalties aren’t enough to serve as a deterrent nor prevent recidivism. Most of these clowns just keep poaching.

As a side note, if I was looking to make money in hunting, I’d keep “muley” out of my name. I can’t keep straight all the poachers that have some variation of it in their name.

Idaho is an interesting place - quite a collection of old deeply established families and the type of person who gravitates there from other states. In the 7 years I lived in Boise, it was surprising some state laws are enforced very strictly, others not so much, and how much political clout a person has very much has an impact on how you’re treated, and not just the family that makes french fries. It’s a small state and doesn’t take long before you know someone from every corner, and in small communities everyone knows everyone.

I figure there are three potential reasons why he may have received preferential treatment, but I won’t spell them out or someone related to each would get butt hurt. It’s not unlike much of rural America - the good old boy system is alive and well.

On your speculative paragraph, “bingo.” I think anyone that has lived in Utah or Southern Idaho can read between the lines.

Prime example of how the courts handle wildlife violations. I would hate trying to be an LEO enforcing the laws knowing the DA's would not prosecute or the judge would just throw it out.
That's why I asked what state this was in. Sounded more Washington that Idaho

You guys just stop bagging on him. He's just a regular guy trying to make a living off a public resource. No worse than people having more kids with no dad so they can get more free welfare money.
What else is he supposed to do? Make little glassing cushions, scope covers, and bino harnesses? Everyone knows that's a tough business for a ginger to survive in with todays DEI economy.

Looks like a lot of people are jealous of his elite AVM level hunting skills and want to hate on him. Ol' Eric is gonna keep hammering and use this as fuel for his new energy drink - Ginger Freak which is loaded with vitamins, minerals, CBD, caffeine, amino acids, and antler velvet. He'll also have a mormon freindly blend with no caffeine or CBD called Ginger Frea. 10% of all proceeds will go to SFW for a limited time only.

tdhanses

WKR
I swear I remember him losing his license for a few years maybe 8 years ago or maybe that was another influencer, hard to keep track of them all.

Reactions: OMB
Status
Not open for further replies.