Muzzle break

Beastmode

WKR
What do you guys recomend for a break for a heavy barreled 338 Lapua? Thanks Duane

Being you posted in a long range forum I am assuming you are using it for long range. My vote is yes depending upon what you consider heavy barreled. While at closer ranges you probably won’t be able to spot your own hits, when you start using the that caliber to its potential at long distances you will like being able to spot hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beastmode

WKR
Being you posted in a long range forum I am assuming you are using it for long range. My vote is yes depending upon what you consider heavy barreled. While at closer ranges you probably won’t be able to spot your own hits, when you start using the that caliber to its potential at long distances you will like being able to spot hits.

kupper

Lil-Rokslider
muscle brake slabbed magnum seems to tame down the heavy mags extremely well. ryan pierce sells them on his website. no bottom ports so you don't need to worry about it kicking up dust.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
If you want the best recoil reduction and the loudest break on the planet:) get the Slayer break from Christensen Arms.

I had the Slayer and T3 on the same 9.5 Lapua and IMO and my wife’s the slayer was better.

FURMAN

WKR
The slayer is amazing. I would actually choose a carbon barrel just to have the bigger diameter of the slayer. It makes shooting a 180 feel like a 223 and spotting hits is no problem.

shawnb

FNG
Save money and get a muzzle brakes and more. It works as well or better than anything else. Paid $70 for it vs $250/$300 for a terminator. My gunsmith said it was the truest muzzlebrake hes installed.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Save money and get a muzzle brakes and more. It works as well or better than anything else. Paid $70 for it vs $250/$300 for a terminator. My gunsmith said it was the truest muzzlebrake hes installed.

Had one and IMO it’s not even in the same league as the T3 or Slayer for recoil reduction.

Have you used the Slayer or the T3?

shawnb

FNG
Ive tried the t2 and cant tell the difference between the two. No experience with the slayer. Ive used a few others and the t2 and lil beast were both better than them. So for a huge saving for me id go for the muzzle brakes and more and spend the extra cash on something else.