Need another hunter to join me on a AK Mt Goat hunt

coonazz

FNG
I just gave a deposit for the hunt of my dreams and there's room for one more. It's a last minute cancellation hunt at a discount.

This is the last year a non-resident can buy a goat tag over the counter.

August 31st - September 6th
Rifle or Bow
Nearly 100% success rate with rifle.
Guided 2×1
$6500 + tag and license (tag is around $300)
Includes flight out of Anchorage to hunting area, food, camping equipment, etc. We bring out backpacks and sleeping bags.

Flights DFW to Anchorage are around $400-$500 right now.

We may need to get a hotel a day before and/or after the hunt, but that should be all the expenses.

Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

Retterath

WKR
Sound like a awesome time, good luck and have a great time. Don't forget to post pics!!! We love hearing about the experience.

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
OK - Just talked to the outfitter for this hunt. Because there are so few days between now and the hunt, and I really need a 2nd hunter to make this work for this 2x1 (2 hunters to 1 guide) hunt, he has offered to do this for $6500 each.

That includes the supercub/beaver flight out from Anchorage to the Chugach Mountains where we will be hunting, food, tents, etc. Everything except tag & hunting license. ($300ish).

Please PM ASAP if you are interested in doing this hunt with me.

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Good luck on the hunt. I wish I could pull off a last minute thing like this. I actually met Jeremy at the packraft rondy in May and he is a great guy. My opinion may be a little biased since he flew in a keg of beer but hey, how can you not like that?

O4vuZQjSUbdi24VToP6PFIyVCgT4W1K_5uZRJNsecwsFaoqCOU6kzOh9FHW1SZnEaFvSwGbf6TqeYT9l-9wycnYBWrhxGs18utS15yDxeMBVfLq35EIDJQB9Wlka9g2TrrtyEetLs934JNgHQ7vfwcmlLb-V2rpmZ5T2365qYw2dR7dFTBI3PSb6EAJo6Kz_ynGnB2L1wiO1CM5Ojjer84z7q2wjUjQf0s96ccK73DTS0soS-pSUH0R18Ib82yfORkAKkMi9zJZQPqycUW4QdLwXh67KhpFdmSJu3_BJ4qH5FeSpQrBnRGSc3Z9i5ceU9qYTVtV1aZXggJFxyk1KdvW9NxUzstEBlVEye5EcF-plYa7-3JLBvQVRY5uBbGcaKerKrlZM9m5VienQREVy_vl4zrOaFQ78zPr7cZbRlsV-P-_66dLCSGfVIkIe3cSZE21khOzJKkJ0lq0U3zUuQe6ara7ngBgevt3_rwNuaeV4Tr1w-VCIfNgyZdwWlfC08kDAZQ8ScRI7eWuC7KfxFRWWYssc68bymFyU9jXKUo58fgRYU25yOmKxrfL2zKryFjWp7Tw_UYfA_w_75SLQdjrKdYMbPsKY=w1102-h881-no

Man I would be all over this if I didn't just have ACL surgery on my knee. Theres no way I would survive 5 months post op on a goat hunt. I hope you find another hunter bud!

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
I hope someone jumps on this. Its really a great price and the AK tags will never be more attainable.

And, if I can't find a 2nd hunter, i can't go either. :)

I just had a torn maniscus in my knee repaired and I go in a couple weeks to have a torn rotator cuff repaired. If not for that I sure would try everything I could to make a shot at going. Man that would be fun!

If this hunt is taking place where I think it is, there are a pile of goats basically inaccessible to most people without the drive or dedication to get to them. I plan on doing it myself, because it's worth it. So if anyone is on the fence I'd say go for it. Best of luck.

Alaskan fish and hunting permits for me and pops going to go to waste. I spent 3 months this spring chasing tahr and chamois in New Zealand so don't feel too bad.

To OP. Get fit, get a good set of raingear and practice awkward shots. My two summers in the Chugach were the best of my life. Study up on difference between males and females. Have a kickass trip brother!

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
Alaskan fish and hunting permits for me and pops going to go to waste. I spent 3 months this spring chasing tahr and chamois in New Zealand so don't feel too bad.

To OP. Get fit, get a good set of raingear and practice awkward shots. My two summers in the Chugach were the best of my life. Study up on difference between males and females. Have a kickass trip brother!

Thanks. I've got the gear and I'm in great shape, That's all covered.
Just need a hunting partner to make this trip work. If I can't find a second hunter - I don't get to go either. The $6500 per hunter is a 2 x 1 last minute/cancellation special. If I can't find a second, the 1 X 1 price (even discounted) is more than I can swing right now.

(Wife has an archery moose hunt in Quebec in September and I have an archery moose hunt in BC the first week of October.)

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
well - pretty disappointed.
My buddy that was really trying to go with me on this hunt had to back out.

Now it doesn't look like I'll be able to go because I can't find a second hunter to take advantage of this 2 hunters/1 guide last minute price. If I were to go solo, it would cost me quite a bit more (around $10K) and that's just more than I can spend right now.

Ugh - this is a trip of a lifetime and really a one-time opportunity.
This is the last year these tags in Alaska will be over-the-counter for Mountain Goat - Going forward, it's all drawing/lotto and prices of those tags just doubled. (http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/pdfs/2016_2017_alaska_license_fees.pdf

It's $6500 for this fully guided, fly out, Alaska Mountain Goat hunt of a lifetime with an awesome guide/outfitter. If anyone wants to go, please let me know ASAP.

(We would leave for this hunt in 59 days.)

Hey I'm not steering any prospective hunters away from joining you but for your sake kodiak hunts can be found for around the same price and you can get some blacktails at the same time. Just a thought. Good luck