Need another hunter to join me on a AK Mt Goat hunt

OP
coonazz

coonazz

FNG
Hey I'm not steering any prospective hunters away from joining you but for your sake kodiak hunts can be found for around the same price and you can get some blacktails at the same time. Just a thought. Good luck

With available over the counter tags?

as.ks.ak

WKR
Yes, deer tags are harvest tickets and are OTC. As well as the registration goat tags OTC. The registration hunts can be shut down at any time due to emergency order. However with Kodiak's goat population, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

Here's a screen shot of both off the ADF&G regs from last year. (This years regs aren't out yet)

But just because tags are OTC, do not forget any out of state non resident who does not qualify as NOK MUST hire the services of a registered guide for mtn. goats.

930d1f0f252f202e244e893505c8454a.jpg

94fa98131b0846489dfe166b4bcff2a9.jpg

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

Last edited:

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
If I hadn't booked a goat hunt this year already we would be talking. By next year it might be a draw only for goats . If you want a goat you would be better off getting a loan. Then to pay $12000 or more after this season. Good luck ,I'm hoping to read about the hunt be for I leave for my own.

kodiakfly

WKR
The registration hunts can be shut down at any time due to emergency order. However with Kodiak's goat population, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

Happened last year, closed a few days before it was to open. 480 is probably safe. There's plenty of goats here, but not like the swarms some people think.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Happened last year, closed a few days before it was to open. 480 is probably safe. There's plenty of goats here, but not like the swarms some people think.

Yes! Sorry to anyone who read my post, I should have clarified which area I was referencing.

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.