Nemo/First Lite Tents

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone started to look at these tents or jumped in on them? Curious to what others think at first look. I am interested in the Spike, but I'm not sure it will meet my needs. I like to keep my pack in the tent with me due to ticks here on the east coast, but not sure I can fit that inside with me. Anyone seen it in person and have thoughts?

CMF

WKR
Just saw these for the first time yesterday. Looking to upgrade from a river country 2.2 (3 lbs) to something lighter.
Wondering how the Recurve 2p compares to the zpack duplex(19oz)? Its about 140 cheaper.
What does the Recurve "trail weight" of 23oz. not include vs packed weight of 29oz?
The video says save an additional 3oz by using trek pole. so trail weight could be 20oz?

Nothing too interesting IMO.

The materials materials in the recurve do not compare well to a duplex at all. 7d canopy and 10d floor, no thanks.

I really like the look of the spike as well.
Steep and cheap has the Nemo spike on sale for $89 I'm not sure if it is made of the same material as the first lite version. And it may have different features. May be worth a look if people wanna test out the size without dropping the coin.

HookUp

WKR
I didn't see any great improvements. Just a rebrand and color scheme of existing nemo products.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't see any great improvements. Just a rebrand and color scheme of existing nemo products.

curious which one are you referring to....the existing products vs the FS version

I have a Galaxi 2P on the 5lbs side... so... it's talk for "backyard camping" for me and the kids...so mom can have peace and quiet.

Thanks

HookUp

WKR
recurve and rocket tents. Spike tent. Other ones might be different? Not a tent expert.

Skinnj01

FNG
Great discussion. The spike at first looks to be little small for anything other than sleeping.

It looks like the first lite spike tent has a floor and netting on the door where the steep and cheap spike tent looks to be just a tarp like setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the Kodiak tent since early this year and it's been great. Looking forward to some more trips in it throughout this summer and fall. Easy to setup, not too heavy, plenty of room for two people, etc. I've also been using the 30 degree bag with no issues at all, maybe 25 nights in it so far.