New arrow set up?

OP
Kbhillhunter
Thats why I asked what bow. 310 IBO makes more sense.

Is there a reason why you run your arrows so long? I have a 31.25" draw length and I cut my arrows to 29.25".

Personally I would cut your .250 spine carnivores to 30.5" and remove the 100gr insert for the 14gr insert. That would lighten you 14.55gr of shaft and 86gr on the insert for 100.55gr savings which would bring your arrow to 440gr. If you absolutely want to keep your arrows full length then you'll still save 86gr by switching the inserts to the stock 14gr ones making your arrows 454gr. You can always used lighter vanes to save some weight as well.

@5MilesBack I know you have a pretty long draw. What say you?

The main issue I have with this current set of arrows is the inserts are about 2" long, so to cut them back long enough wouldn't leave me with enough length where it's hitting the rest.

The main issue I have with this current set of arrows is the inserts are about 2" long, so to cut them back long enough wouldn't leave me with enough length where it's hitting the rest.

Cut an inch, or 1.5, soak the shafts in acetone for an hour, drop a drill bit down the back.

More than likely, not much glue on the back of the insert.

You can try the drill bit trick, remove the nock and slide a drill bit into the shaft and try to dislodge the insert from the inside.

I just wouldn't use .300 spine carnivores for durability reasons. Rampage or X-impact with Iron Will Reinforced HIT inserts and collars would be my choice.