New bow?

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
For me,I just got older and out of shape and needed a bow with a more comfortable draw and hold. After being out of it for so long,I had trouble shooting my old Mathews Switchback XT.

I have a 2015 bow that shoots fine still. I did an upgrade in 2017 once I knew what I was doing and had learned to shoot. I haven’t felt the need to buy again. The new bows are tempting and cool but my bow flings arrows pretty good and it is capable of shooting better than me most of the time.

I would say shoot your current bow. If you catch the archery bug again and get you shooting dialed in, then you can upgrade.

What would a new bow do performance wise that would be better than my current bow? Have they made many major advances lately, I have not looked at bows for a while!!
Thanks,
Ryan

The new bows are a bit more efficient/faster but in terms of accuracy and shootability; they're the same. I felt teh same way initially. My Mathews Z7 was great. At teh same pull weight, arrow weight, and draw as my Hoyt Ventum 33; the hoyt is about 30fps faster. The Z7 and The Ventum 33 both have a 334 IBO rating

The biggest reason I switched was because I wanted a bow that fit me a bit better. I'm a 31" draw and the mathews stopped at 30. I compensated by shooting a long loop. With a proper draw I'm actually shooting about 38 FPS faster because 1 extra inch

Last edited:
LOTS of variables in handing down your Element to your wife.
1. What are the specs on the bow
2. What are your wife's specs
3. Cost of parts to get the Element fit to her
4. IF you are having to get it set up for her with new parts for specs ... do we still have them available ( ie. draw length modules - mainly )

I would recommend ... knowing that the Element is already set and built out for you I would continue to shoot that and get your wife a new set-up. Once her enjoyment level increases and it is something that allows the two of you more time together you will get the permission to upgrade ;)

Like stated previously, new boats definitely have better efficiencies and technologies built into them. One thing you'll commonly hear on reviews are through cam/limb design, etc you can draw higher poundage bows back easier on new models.

Definitely get to a good pro shop and shoot them! That will tell the tale. Buy once, cry once -- at least for a few years haha.

OP
Sandstrom

Sandstrom

WKR
Thanks for all the help!! We ended up getting the wife a new Diamond Pro 320 and putting a new string on my bow, she is pumped!!
Ryan

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the help!! We ended up getting the wife a new Diamond Pro 320 and putting a new string on my bow, she is pumped!!
Ryan
You did good. My local pro shop sold a lot of those Diamond Pro 320's. They are a well liked bow. My wife has a Diamond after trying several different bows out.