New KUIU/Remington rifle

Nuke Man

WKR
Have you guys actually specd out this rifle? I mean really it's on par with any custom guns with these components. I think the fact that KUIU had anything to do with it makes the cheese dicks around here get all butt hurt. If Kufaru or First Lite had their names on it they'd be jumping up and down praising it. Also it's kinda funny that Remington ditched all their own parts other than the action like everyone else does. You think that would have been a Hmmm moment.

Nuke Man

WKR
Not that I would ever own a 6k rifle, but I'm not going to rag on the guy that does. I've got friends with 10-12k in a rifle/scope setup. Not my thing but everyone has their own hobbies. Some people just can't handle the fact that some people make damn good money and can have expensive tools. This and all custom rifles weren't made with the $650 rifle guy in mind.

Have you guys actually specd out this rifle? I mean really it's on par with any custom guns with these components. I think the fact that KUIU had anything to do with it makes the cheese dicks around here get all butt hurt. If Kufaru or First Lite had their names on it they'd be jumping up and down praising it. Also it's kinda funny that Remington ditched all their own parts other than the action like everyone else does. You think that would have been a Hmmm moment.

I can spec you out a full custom titanium/carbon build and not break $4500 easily. Hell I just priced out a Semi custom Remington (PTG Bolt + blueprinted action) 243 carbon barrel with Manners EH5 and HS detachable mag system PLUS OPTICS, plus Sig Kilo 2400 rangefinder plus load development and 100 rounds of ammo for $6950.... only way this build gets more premium is with a jewell instead of Timney and a Ti action instead of a tricked out 700.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuke Man

WKR
Well you'd be one of the few that can get that done u der 5k. That 5800 is MSRP also so we'll see what it actually sells for. A simple Google search will show that the price isn't as astronomically out of place as some may be thinking.

Well you'd be one of the few that can get that done u der 5k. That 5800 is MSRP also so we'll see what it actually sells for. A simple Google search will show that the price isn't as astronomically out of place as some may be thinking.

I don't think $5800 for a custom sheep rifle is crazy at all. But you simply cannon produce a FACTORY PRODUCTION rifle and price it as a custom... it just doesn't happen. Guys that buy custom rifles, buy them because they are CUSTOM and spec'd out to their unique desires. In all honesty, most custom rifle buyers can do 90% of what they intend to do with a quality factory rifle. But they don't want a factory rifle, they want a custom built rifle, and that's what they pay for. Remington is missing that here... Just one builders opinion on the matter.

Mike

Nuke Man

WKR
I agree with that 100% It's still a Remington production but basically all custom parts.
Also I just checked out your FB page. You are turning out some wicked rifles. If I ever get the urge for something more than a off the shelf rifle I'll give you a holler. Are you making your own carbon barrels?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well, this cheese dick still thinks it's expensive.:D

Randy

Nuke Man

WKR
Everyone is acting like they are trying to sell a SPS varmint model or something. Sure it's not full custom, but it's not a production line gun either. Remington still has some good smith's in their custom shop. All I'm saying in all reality it's not that far outta line.

GKPrice

Banned

You forgot the $6000.00 part

GKPrice

Banned
Everyone is acting like they are trying to sell a SPS varmint model or something. Sure it's not full custom, but it's not a production line gun either. Remington still has some good smith's in their custom shop. All I'm saying in all reality it's not that far outta line.

Also, KUIU isn't really known as a purpose built custom rifle production company - "MAYBE" the saying "do what you do best and to hell with the rest" will wind up being the moral .......

I agree with that 100% It's still a Remington production but basically all custom parts.
Also I just checked out your FB page. You are turning out some wicked rifles. If I ever get the urge for something more than a off the shelf rifle I'll give you a holler. Are you making your own carbon barrels?

Thank you! And Yep I'm doing my own CF barrels! Using rock creek and benchmark blanks...

Mike

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If I'm paying 6k for a rifle I'm getting exactly what I want, not what they want. Doesn't matter how you slice it, this is a production rifle.

Brendan had a great custom rifle with Red Rock Precision. To bad they didn't stay with them.

Just an FYI, Kifaru did make an ultralight rifle but from finding a quality gunsmiths, getting parts and price, it was an epic failure.

Last edited:

ckleeves

WKR
I don't think $5800 for a custom sheep rifle is crazy at all. But you simply cannon produce a FACTORY PRODUCTION rifle and price it as a custom... it just doesn't happen. Guys that buy custom rifles, buy them because they are CUSTOM and spec'd out to their unique desires. In all honesty, most custom rifle buyers can do 90% of what they intend to do with a quality factory rifle. But they don't want a factory rifle, they want a custom built rifle, and that's what they pay for. Remington is missing that here... Just one builders opinion on the matter.

Mike

A Christensen Summit TI will set a guy back 5,495.00. A HS Precision PHL is 3,895.00. Both are what I would consider factory production rifles and I'm sure CA and HS have sold more then 100 of each. Guys pay crazy amounts of money for production rifles all the time.

If I'm paying that kinda money I want to pick everything from the trigger to the muzzle brake but obviously some guys don't.