New KUIU/Remington rifle

Nuke Man

WKR
If I'm paying 6k for a rifle I'm getting exactly what I want, not what they want. Doesn't matter how you slice it, this is a production rifle.

Brendan had a great custom rifle with Red Rock Precision. To bad they didn't stay with them.

Just an FYI, Kifaru did make an ultralight rifle but from finding a quality gunsmiths, getting parts and price, it was an epic failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what else I would change with this build. What everyone is failing to grasp is the fact that they are using tier 1 shit! Would I pay Remington 6k for this rifle, **** no but I'm not going to bash it either. It's damn good quality components.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How am I bashing it? I said for 6k I would get what I want. I'm not a fan of manners stocks, short actions or Remington ti actions.

I also think they will sell everyone.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Hell, have Mike @Hells Canyon build you a full custom, Dip that bitch in Vias.....BOOM.... extra money for the scope!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
How am I bashing it? I said for 6k I would get what I want. I'm not a fan of manners stocks, short actions or Remington ti actions.

I also think they will sell everyone.

You know you want one..............

Randy

mtmuley

WKR
If I were to drop that kind of money on any rifle, I'd pick up the phone and call Kirby Allen. mtmuley

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
I built my own.
I took a 700 that my wife bought me for my bday 20 years ago, squared it up, re-barrelled with a Bartlein, spiral fluted, also fluted the bolt and bolt handle, and knob.
Custom cerakote in brown metal, dropped in a old McM Ks stock that I had cerakoted in Vias I had and boom...ultimate rifle - I lost count, but I have under $2000 in this. It does weigh 7 lbs, but I am cool with that. View attachment 53857

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just found this rifle on sale for 1/10th of the MSRP!! Oh wait... it's not quite the same. I guess the only difference is this is this one probably shoots smaller groups.

Savage LWH 6.5CR 20StainlessKUIU 4 $603.00 SHIPS FREE

Just kidding... But seriously, same weight, barrel length, chambering, camo pattern... I couldn't help but point out the ridiculous similarities and the more ridiculous discrepancy in price. I'd love to see a head to head comparison. I bet the savage hangs with it. And you could buy 10 of them!!

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just realized Doc already made the savage LWH in vias comparison... Guess that's what happens when I show up late to an 11 page long party...

Scottyboy

WKR
If I were to drop that kind of money on any rifle, I'd pick up the phone and call Kirby Allen. mtmuley

I guess it comes down to being a fan boy or waiting 5 years for a rifle :rolleyes: then again a 5 year wait (or whatever it is now assuming you can get a response from Kirby) is probably less painful that getting this remmy POS

.... I'm not a fan of manners stocks, short actions or Remington ti actions.

Ryan, just curious... what about the Manners stocks do you not like? I ask cause I'm getting ready to build on a Savage action and was strongly considering Manners due to their lightweight, mini-chassis and good reviews I've seen online. I think McMillan has a better selection of cool camo and swirl patterns though.

Looks like they are using good components... but I've got to agree with others. If I had $6k to spend on a rifle I'd likely go a different route... having enough money left over for a good scope and a ton of ammo. Thankfully nobody is forcing me to buy this rifle!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, just curious... what about the Manners stocks do you not like? I ask cause I'm getting ready to build on a Savage action and was strongly considering Manners due to their lightweight, mini-chassis and good reviews I've seen online. I think McMillan has a better selection of cool camo and swirl patterns though.

Sorry JR just saw this.

I've owned four Manners stocks three of them showed up to the gunsmith with issues. Wrong contour, short action when I ordered Long actions. On a EH1 had the carbon sluff off the comb. Plus IMO they are just not as stream line as other stocks, it's like your holding a 2x4. Contrary, I've had five Mcmillan stocks and zero issue.

dotman

WKR
Sorry JR just saw this.

I've owned four Manners stocks three of them showed up to the gunsmith with issues. Wrong contour, short action when I ordered Long actions. On a EH1 had the carbon sluff off the comb. Plus IMO they are just not as stream line as other stocks, it's like your holding a 2x4. Contrary, I've had five Mcmillan stocks and zero issue.

I so wanted to like Manners being they are local to me, I finally canceled my stock after it was 3 months past the 6 month timeframe stated that I would have it. I was able to get a McMillan from a dealer immediately that was inlet to my specs.

The only thing I don't like about manners is the wait time. I've had issues with all stocks including a gamescout that developed a crack down the middle of the entire action inlet on a braked 280Ackley that kicks like a 22-250.... the manners EH5 is one of my all time favorites but damn they take forever!

mtmuley

WKR
I guess it comes down to being a fan boy or waiting 5 years for a rifle :rolleyes: then again a 5 year wait (or whatever it is now assuming you can get a response from Kirby) is probably less painful that getting this remmy POS
No 5 year wait I know of. Course, I know people. Regardless, his rifles are out of my reach. mtmuley