New Mathew's Traverse

OXN939

WKR
I finally shot a 3D today with the Traverse and it was not pretty Haha.

Was throwing them high, left, right, etc. All me, not sure what the deal was. Shot perfectly fine at the range right after.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Have you double checked the timing yet? Today's double cam bows have a propensity to develop timing issues more easily than some other designs.

Have you double checked the timing yet? Today's double cam bows have a propensity to develop timing issues more easily than some other designs.
Not since it was first set up.

I know it was issues with my anchoring, same that I was seeing at the range prior when I get lazy.

I will double check that though next time I'm at the shop.

Finally got my sight tape set and got out to 100 today.

Not a bad group for the first time that far huh? Well........there's 2 more some where I can't find. I'm hoping they buried in the hay bale and will turn up when it goes out for the horses.

I shot in front of the bale in case I missed but now wish I hadn't. Would have had better luck looking for an arrow in the ground Haha.

Wouldn't think I would shoot 4 that good then completely miss 2 bales twice.
ac275a203bdd4e83028de989f5d565d0.jpg

Been a while, finally had time to hang out at the local shop more since I've been off.

The ole Traverse got a little makeover. New stabilizers, string, and re-fletched the arrows to match.

Cant wait for total archery challenge next weekend!
36d2fc719cf188ec18cfbf826a65205a.jpg

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
Been a while, finally had time to hang out at the local shop more since I've been off.

The ole Traverse got a little makeover. New stabilizers, string, and re-fletched the arrows to match.

Cant wait for total archery challenge next weekend!
36d2fc719cf188ec18cfbf826a65205a.jpg

Looking good!

I've getting out several time a week to work on
dialing everything in and backing up more. This bow holds so incredibly steady. 2 months in and with the new release, I finally feel like my form settling in.

This was at 70 yds today with about a 5mph left to right breeze. Group is right about 4.5" (Knife has a 3.5" blade). Nocks look inconsistent because the bag was swinging.
IMG_20190423_175830.jpg
Planning to stretch back to 80 next time.

Turkey season opens May 1st; hoping to make it all connect.

Awesome. I need to stretch mine out again as well since putting on the new string and upping it to 65lbs.

I was fighting some issues with my anchors and peep alignment but I think I have it figured out. Have to do my nose on string a little different and I'm thinking I'll be good to go.

So it has been quite a while, I am still loving this bow and wanted to post a little update.

Started shooting a few more local competitions and had some friends that kept trying to get me to get a target bow setup. Rather than getting a target bow(which I am actually thinking about now), I finally caved in and got a set of target bars, some fatty BE PS26s, and a new scope/sight with 6X lens. I also got 75% mods for more holding weight and goodness has that taken some getting used to but I am liking it quite a bit.

This past Sunday I shot a 20 target 3D course with a mix of IBO and ASA targets using the center ring as 12pts. Shot a 210 and placed 3rd in freestyle. Buddy of mine after about 5 or 6 targets and several 12 rings...." Man I am used to this guy shooting 5s and 8s, I don't know what's going on here."
Finally shot a 300X on a 5 spot today too which made me happy. Now I gotta work on the X count.

Hunting wise hasn't been the greatest, I have hit 2 hogs with it but both were bad shots unfortunately. One went high and just hit meat, the second was head on and I was going for a headshot, hog must have turned last second, went right through the guts. Tracked it for 100 or so yards before I lost it. Never enjoy wounding an animal, but it happens unfortunately.

Vandal 44

WKR
I ordered a new Traverse a long with the QAD integrated arrow rest. For those that have the QAD rest are you liking it, or should I stay with my Hamskea Hunter Pro?

I ordered a new Traverse a long with the QAD integrated arrow rest. For those that have the QAD rest are you liking it, or should I stay with my Hamskea Hunter Pro?
I am using the QAD and it has been working great.

I am thinking of going to a Hanskea Trinity though only because I could run a blade for target setup and a normal launcher for hunting. I really do like the slimline fit of the QAD though.

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
I've got the Integrate on mine and have been nothing but happy with it. It set up extremely easy and just fits the bow.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m selling my Halon 6 next year and should be able to find a like new Traverse from a gear hound that buys the latest every seasonn

I’m selling my Halon 6 next year and should be able to find a like new Traverse from a gear hound that buys the latest every seasonn
I've already seen a few for sale Haha. You should be able to get a great deal