New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

Aron, how come you guys chose to go with a fixed pocket on the front instead of a matrix that way you could throw whatever you want on there? I can see that pocket being good for a puffy or rain gear. I'd be afraid to run my spotter in that pocket. Whenever I fall is straight on my ass/back.

Love the horseshoe zip though

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some people like sewn on pockets and others like to attach them....we're offering this pack with it attached.

You can attach a ton of different pockets on the sides of the pack and the new side pockets work great for spotting scopes.

Interesting. Seems like a great example of having belt pouch tab loops on the bottom center of bag.

I like the hybrid top/panel idea (xing and X-ray). I'm interested in how that plays out with this. It looks like you have to undo the lid and over the top compression strap to access the inside from the front panel. Guess you could just not use the over the top compression strap.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Could see this bag being ideal for scouting or day hunt trips for sure!!! Nice looking setup.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The over the top strap is detachable for this reason, so it's not always needed on the pack. You can reach the buckle without issue when the lid is attached, but again, you can also take the strap off if needed.

Interesting. Seems like a great example of having belt pouch tab loops on the bottom center of bag.

I like the hybrid top/panel idea (xing and X-ray). I'm interested in how that plays out with this. It looks like you have to undo the lid and over the top compression strap to access the inside from the front panel. Guess you could just not use the over the top compression strap.

dotman

WKR
Looks as if you want to leave it buckled at the top all you would have to do is zip both zippers over to one side and bam you have a side Zip and you can choose which side :)

The over the top strap is detachable for this reason, so it's not always needed on the pack. You can reach the buckle without issue when the lid is attached, but again, you can also take the strap off if needed.
Thanks Aron.

Looks as if you want to leave it buckled at the top all you would have to do is zip both zippers over to one side and bam you have a side Zip and you can choose which side :)
I thought the same thing. Double zipper pulls like the G2 navigators had so you can get into either side.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
Sooo close.... I'd love this pack with a main bag about the same size as the EMR II. Looks good though.

Elk Dog

FNG
Looks awesome Aron. Wish I was in the market for a pack this size, looks bigger than my current needs. Heading to the Himalayas for a trek to EBC in May and the guides want us to carry 2500 cubic inch packs max.

dotman

WKR
Looks awesome Aron. Wish I was in the market for a pack this size, looks bigger than my current needs. Heading to the Himalayas for a trek to EBC in May and the guides want us to carry 2500 cubic inch packs max.

Just tighten the side straps some and the guides will never know, these packs compress very well.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
You're going to love that walk. I went to base camp in Oct 2009 and it was 12 days of mountain bliss. Have a great trip!!

The center access with the internal pocket looks really useful. Can't go wrong with that big ass pocket on the front and the name could be the best ever.