New stick

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Nosler M48 Liberty, 300 wsm - courtesy of their black friday sale a few weeks back and quick drive over the mountain to Bend.

PacNor barrel 24 inch magnum contour, Bell & Carlson stock. Talley lightweights, low.
I spent $1,245 out the door with Talley's and my background check.

I had on hand: Leupold vx5hd 3-15x44 boone and crocket reticle, Talon grip tape, Harris bipod.

I'll probably buy a 9-13 Harris or I may add a rail up front for an Atlas. Worth the extra cost for Atlas or should I just stick with Harris? I have my doubts that several hundred more dollars on a bipod is going to produce improved results which would justify the cost; I need input! I intend to leave the bipod permanently mounted.

Plan is for this to be my hunt everything rifle: sheep, elk, moose, mule deer, etc. and to improve my paper punching at 700-1000 yards. Only 30 rounds down the pipe to-date, Federal Premium 180 grain TBT and it's a reliable .70 moa shooter thus far which is just fine because that's about as well as I shoot consistently. Haven't weighed it but if all manufacturer listed weights are correct it should be just north of 9.5lbs unloaded with my slogan outdoors rubber rifle strap (love it). Balances extremely well even with the bipod hanging off the front.

I'm still getting used to the stock, the grip tape helped immensely. All around it feels good enough and is very stiff (stiffer than my carbon fiber stock on my Christensen Arms Ridgeline) and the gaps in the barrel channel are even and consistent. But the pistol grip area could benefit from a little contouring IMO. Fit and finish is excellent, the barreled action looks superb and clean. Even the underside of the action was void of tooling marks. Trigger felt perfect for my tastes so I haven't adjusted it. It's cerakoted and the bolt has shallow straight flutes. Cycles very smooth.

Bottom line is it's a super solid hunting rifle for all around uses which is exactly what I wanted and why I bought it, we'll see how I get along with it in the field however. While there's a lot of choices out there for the normal msrp of $1795 I still would think it a good value. At the 1250 I paid I don't think it can be beat. I'm already dreaming of unfolding myself out of a super cub and grabbing the Nosler...

Attachments

• z9.jpg
    z9.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 69
  • z10.jpg
    z10.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 59
  • z11.jpg
    z11.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 59
  • z12.jpg
    z12.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 56
  • z7.jpg
    z7.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
OP
B

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice! But more importantly........how are those feet doing?

Randy

haha! Feet are in excellent shape. Total of 6 toenails lost (the final four came out pool side in Mexico - my wife was "proud" as I showed them off). They're about 75% grown back and giving me no trouble, I hunted the Oregon coast 1st elk season in November and everything went swimmingly, but it's not difficult hiking. I'm hammering miles in my new boots under load getting ready for 2018 hunting but more importantly; my 2019 return to Dall country is just a short 21 months away.