NM Elk Draw Coming Soon

I think I may give up on trying to draw in NM.

Financially I am now in a position where I can afford a landowner tag if I can get a hold of one. Not a Gila tag but something mid tier is in the realm for me.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
I drew unit 36 second archery! hopefully find a guide since I will probably never draw again.

Reactions: CMF
I’ll see you out there, I drew 52 as well! And you’re telling me, I leave for Tajikistan 11/3 for ibex, and will be gone 2 weeks.
I'm right there with you guys. The wife is not going to be happy.

The year my first son was born, I drew the hybrid tag in CO NW corner for elk. My second is due in June, and I just drew a New Mexico bull tag.

I guess that's my sign that I need to have a couple more kids, seems how that's the only time I can draw a tag.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you guys. The wife is not going to be happy.

The year my first won was born, I drew the hybrid tag in CO NW corner for elk. My second is due in June, and I just drew a New Mexico bull tag.

I guess that's my sign that I need to have a couple more kids, seems how that's the only time I can draw a tag.
You better get busy then.

KHNC

WKR
Dang, seeing people ALL OVER posting their unit results on social media. Cant believe people still do this. Some should for sure know better. Once you kill a bull this fall, people will remember your post with the unit numbers. Think people!!! If you ever want to hunt NM again anyway. lol

Dang, seeing people ALL OVER posting their unit results on social media. Cant believe people still do this. Some should for sure know better. Once you kill a bull this fall, people will remember your post with the unit numbers. Think people!!! If you ever want to hunt NM again anyway. lol
I like your optimism about me killing a bull.

No elk for me this year. Did draw a deer rifle in 36 and a once in a lifetime Oryx tag.

Crazy thing is my wife drew her once in a lifetime oryx tag and we weren’t on same application.

RELIANT

FNG
was hoping for christmas, but all red for me...no green. More good luck come the fall for those lucky dogs that drew.

CMF

WKR
No luck for me, wife, or Fil, but the kids picked up some tags. 4 out of 25
10yo son drew 3rd choice rifle elk Nov. 11-15(twelv)(first year applying)
13yo son drew 3rd choice with a buddy, youth muzzy deer nov.18-26(fif teen)
my 13yo son/15yo daughter (grouped ap) drew 3rd choice IM/F Barbary jan 6/7 (Mcrgreg)
Along with Colorado archery/muzzy elk hunts, it's going to be another busy year...