Not a bull,but still happy

A buddy and I went to Colorado for archery elk.Packed in 6 miles,and I slid an arrow into my first elk.Pretty brutal pack out,but well worth the experience,in my opinion.I used some lessons learned on this site,and just wanted to say thanks

LostArra

WKR
Congratulations!

There is nothing easy about getting into bow range on a cow elk.
Any elk with a bow is a trophy to me.

muleman

WKR
A freezer full of elk meat is success all the way around. Of the three tags I have this year, a January cow tag is the one I'm most excited about.

Bar

Banned
Enjoy the meat. You were probably glad it wasn't a bull on that pack out.

Archery Elk! Who cares if it isn't a "big bull", you got it done and the meat will be awesome. Congrats!!

colonel00

WKR
Many years ago we were on our first elk hunt in Wyoming during archery season. The first animal down was a cow and my buddy who shot it started having second thoughts about taking it. The rest of us kept telling him that for a non-res, DIY hunt with a bow, any animal is a trophy. When it was all said and done, that was the only animal taken that year.

Congrats on the cow kill, they are some great eating. I hope to join you as the wife and I have AZ cow tags for the archery season which starts a week from tomorrow.

Mike