NXS 2.5-10x42 or Credo 2.5-15x42

TURNER208

FNG
All,

Just curious on the two scopes listed above. I’m partial to the NXS as I can get a discount there but wonder if I’d miss out on the extra 5x. Just would like to hear opinions on both. Likely shooting out to 700-800 on steel and 500 or so on game.

I have owned both and also get a nightforce discount. I still have the 2.5-15 credo. I didnt notice and difference in quality and credo has more mounting area, so it can be mounted on a long action without a rail.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Chose the credo but really like that NXS model. Tough call. I don’t think the extra mag is needed, I don’t like shooting that scope above 11ish power. If you want the NF mag isn’t the reason to go credo - but the reticle options are kinda meh between them.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Yeah I’ve never seen the credo in person but specs look great. Just a couple ounces between them and I agree not in love with the reticle choices on either but haven’t used them either.

camp_86

FNG
For you guys with the Credo, are you using the HX model? I have been looking at the 2.5-15x42 as well and appears the only difference between credo and HX is reticle/exterior sheen?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
HX is MOA and regular is Mil. I’ve been using the Mil version and learning that system after using MOA exclusively. Hasn’t been a big deal so far.

SloppyJ

WKR
Following. I think that creedo is next on my list. I love my NX8s but I wouldn't mind shaving some weight. The maven looks promising too.

KU_Geo

WKR
Based on the subtensions of then credo vs credo HX, it looks like the credo mil reticle is a bit bolder. Has anyone put eyes on both and can confirm this? Have a Nxs and the only hesitation in have on the credo is the reticle being too thin.

I had an NXS on one of my rifles but moved it to my ML after getting the Credo. Now I have a Credo on both my rifles. I like the center dot reticle too.

House21

FNG
I was in the same boat you're in right now. After looking through and handling them I went with the credo HX. Really enjoy the center dot, turrets are great, eye box is good up to 15x and the extra mounting area was nice to have. Not a huge test but I've put about 300 rounds through it in the last 3 months and its held zero and returned to zero each time. I don't thing you can wrong with either though

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Do you guys know any dealers that have Credo’s in stock? Would like to get my hands on one to check it out