Official Montana 2023 Draw Thread!

What season are you planning to hunt?

• Total voters
If I drew a released tag and my partner doesn’t, can I return the license and get my PP reinstated?
I don't believe that works, this is straight from their website in reference to their "any reason refund". You have to fill out a request form and have the option for the 80% refund. You can always call and ask tomorrow about what that process looks like and the deadlines. Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 6.06.49 PM.png

Just out of curiosity, did anyone draw a LE tag that didnt contribute to any of the stuff it asks you about during the application process?

You guys are forgetting that even if you got an unsuccessful now through the back door you might get a combo license later, since there are a good amount of people (myself included) that will be returning their combo license if their permit draw is unsuccessful. Keep the hope BICs

Successful on Elk Combo at 2 PPs
Nope. Did not get a released license. I guess I’m on the alternate list come June.

Breaks bull last year

58efddd6ece5ac65a6ccffec57979227.jpg
Nice bull! My buddy drew the same tag I just drew last year. 96B4E7C3-0A3B-4E6F-ABB2-8B656232A684.jpeg

Question for the experts as I don’t see this covered in the refs.

I applied as a party with a friend for the elk permit only. We applied separately for the general.

I drew general straight up.

He drew a released general.

Now it’s showing I also drew the permit, but he is unsuccessful on the permit even though we applied as a party and we both have the general. Respectfully, wtf?

But not a good chance. Been putting in there since the first year- mid 80's so close to 40 years so far. 10,000 applicants for a total of 135 tags. 13 (10%) go to NR, they give 30+ to land owner preference in that unit, leaves about 92 or so tags for residents.
Dont forget to square the bonus points. That is where the magic happens.

I applied as a party with a friend for the elk permit only. We applied separately for the general.

Now it’s showing I also drew the permit, but he is unsuccessful on the permit even though we applied as a party and we both have the general. Respectfully, wtf?
That’s hilarious! But, my buddy and I were unsuccessful for anything. So take it as a win!

Now it’s showing I also drew the permit, but he is unsuccessful on the permit even though we applied as a party and we both have the general.
Apparently Montana doesn't understand the concept of a group application

The only thing I can think of is that the permit was initially allocated for your outright draw of the general combo. Then, since your friend had enough points, he drew a combo turned in. However, all of the permit allocations were already completed for the unit that you drew in. Every year, something happens that makes me question wtf happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back