Official Montana 2023 Draw Thread!

What season are you planning to hunt?

• Total voters

DanimalW

WKR
So next year we will buy a point and have 2 going in or is there the option to buy a point in the fall like WY and another during application to have 3 going into next year?
If you bought a point during the application process this year, then I'm pretty sure you can't buy another one later this year. Because it would be the same calendar year. You can buy another point spring when you apply. This is the way that I understand it.

Last edited:

TheJuice

WKR
If you were successful on the combo license, and it was automatically turned back in, then you lose the PP’s. Only way you should lose PP’s whe

If you bought a point during the application process this year, then I'm pretty sure you can't buy another one later this year. Because it would be the same calendar year. You can buy another point spring when you apply. This is the way that I understand it.

That makes sense.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
It does not say you had a released tag. It is simply an area of definition for what is described in your yellow box.
I think I see that now…errrr sucks, but at least I’m not wondering anymore. Thanks!

Just ignored that word “definition” because I didn’t want to see it I guess (and timing of it popping up a few hours after draw).

There are lots of reasons party applications could be broken up, and there are numerous old threads about it. Of the top of my head and a quick search.. All your choices and preferences have to match up, and everyone has to enter valid info. To be honest I also thought everyone in the party had to chose to participate in the bonus point system or not... but bottom line it's more than just linking your party app to the other via a number.

Montana Rule: 12.3.112 - (e) A party will be broken up only under the following circumstances:
  • (i) If all members of the party do not list districts in the same order on their applications, the party will be split up and all members will be entered into the drawing individually.
  • (ii) If one member of the party fails to provide mandatory information such as date of birth, signature, etc. -- that member will be excluded from the drawings. The remaining members will be processed as a party.

His choices all matched mine, and I'd assume the requirements of your second bullet were met since they gave him a general license.

hunterjmj

WKR
Had to log in this morning and make sure it was still showing successful. 🤣 I'm looking forward to actually hunting the bulls I see every year while deer hunting!

0f781b8782024b94964b2ab5faa3f02b.jpg

Beyond excited!! This will be my first western hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
No draw for me - Although I drew the 3 previous years with zero point theory it was not a win for me this time around.

Thoughts on the June return draw potential?

velvetfvr

WKR
It does not say you had a released tag. It is simply an area of definition for what is described in your yellow box.
It said in the box next to it I was successful and my preference points went to 0 ( I applied with 0). And I had a friend check his at the same exact time and he was unsuccessful without the definitions.

Yeah I think if you draw the combo, but don't draw the permit an elect to return the combo you do lose your preference points

View attachment 543903
Thanks for those details-- That's a rip off. That tag is going to another hunter. Not only are $320 just to apply... I guess that is the game you play in applying, but definitely highway robbery.

Thanks for those details-- That's a rip off. That tag is going to another hunter. Not only are $320 just to apply... I guess that is the game you play in applying, but definitely highway robbery.
You could have used your general tag.
You are the one that decided the refund was more important then the hunt.
And the one that did not do the proper research.

Information was out there.
You weren't ripped off because you didn't know.

Fowl Play

WKR
My wife has become a bit concerned with how many “PPs” and “back doors” we are talking about here…

So now that we got those antlered crittered draws out of the way… when can I expect my supertags in the mail?

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else decide to go the E-tag route? I swear I did but in the FWP app it does not show any sort of E-tag to download. It does show my elk combo as held however. Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I am currently on hold for what I assume will be a long wait today with the FWP to get answers.

Anyone else decide to go the E-tag route? I swear I did but in the FWP app it does not show any sort of E-tag to download. It does show my elk combo as held however. Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I am currently on hold for what I assume will be a long wait today with the FWP to get answers.
If you didn't specifically check the little box and the acknowledgment your out.
That happened to me last year.

And I really had to look for it this year

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
If you didn't specifically check the little box and the acknowledgment your out.
That happened to me last year.

And I really had to look for it this year
I did check that little box. I even looked on my receipt to see if maybe it would identify on there that I checked the E-tag box. Does your license show up in your app to be able to download?