OnX question

Flyjunky

WKR
Is there a way, on the web version, to measure line of sight distances? I know on the app they have that new compass rangefinder feature but I don't see a way to do that type of thing on my laptop.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
just use the measuring tool looks like a little pencil on the tool bar
I understand the line tool but from what I understand that is not a line of sight tool.

In researching I’m looking for a way to measure from canyon to canyon for shooting across distances.

packer58

WKR
I understand the line tool but from what I understand that is not a line of sight tool.

In researching I’m looking for a way to measure from canyon to canyon for shooting across distances.
Just for clarification, are you saying the line tool measures distance on the ground following the landscape contours ??

Jethro

WKR

The little pencil is line of sight. So that would work for you.

Another option that would work for you is the waypoint radius circle. Click on your waypoint then there is a slide toggle to turn on the radius around that waypoint.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
Ok, thanks everyone. I was assuming the pencil tool was as if you were walking from point A to point B because it shows the elevation profile between to two points.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
Just for clarification, are you saying the line tool measures distance on the ground following the landscape contours ??
That’s what I always thought because it shows elevation gain/loss between those two points, so I figured it was following the ground.