OSHA has officially released their ETS for Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like that is going to be up to the employer. The employer can chose testing or vaccination requirements, or a mix of both.
If you're with a federal contractor, you have to be vaxxed - no weekly testing allowed. If you're with an employer that has 100+ EEs then you have the test weekly option.

Dazzler

WKR
Here is a strategy for discussion. Request religious exemption. If it is approved great. If not and you are subsequently fired, that is good fuel for a lawsuit.

Not sure if a fed can sue their employer, but an exemption request might get tangled up in red tape with all the others for a good long while at the very least. Maybe by then they will accept the notion of natural immunity or deem the EO unconstitutional or some other thing to cause retraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you luck my friend. I have yet to hear of anyone getting one approved.

Here's what I'm learning as all this unfolds (I'm an HR professional). A lot of religious exemptions are being denied, and the majority of people who were denied will not seek a lawsuit, and the majority of lawyers won't take the case.

Some companies seem to be very lax with their exemption criteria, others very strict. It seems to be more how desperate they are for government dollars vs political leaning (although that could still influence some companies).

If you are trying to claim a religious exemption, be prepared to get denied if you aren't part of an established religion that rejects vaccines and traditional medicine, or have gotten vaccinated in the past (like flu, or vaccines for kids to go to school).

As someone who works in the HR field, all of this is uncharted territory for HR and legal. HR isn't going to decide the exemption in most cases, the companies lawyers will. HR may help filter requests to the legal teams, but again, I'm finding for larger organizations it's the legal teams reviewing claims.

If you work for a federal contractor then expect to be vaccinated or fired unless you have subscribed to a mainstream religion that is and has always been against vaccines.

Some companies may also approve exceptions and later find they were in the wrong if the federal government (ie, Biden) goes even deeper and starts investigating claims. But that would take the EEOC I would imagine getting involved and they'll be busy for a while with complaints. Again, all uncharted territory. Good luck out there.

BuzzH

WKR
She made a very admirable choice. And you made a a choice to be dousch. Hopefully you and I get to meet one day.
You sound like a person that makes all kinds of good decisions/choices. Good luck with that.

Here is a strategy for discussion. Request religious exemption. If it is approved great. If not and you are subsequently fired, that is good fuel for a lawsuit.

Not sure if a fed can sue their employer, but an exemption request might get tangled up in red tape with all the others for a good long while at the very least. Maybe by then they will accept the notion of natural immunity or deem the EO unconstitutional or some other thing to cause retraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is, the cost to bring a suit and being able to find a lawyer willing to take the case will be a barrier. Unless there is a blatant disregard for a sincere religious belief, a lawyer won't touch it.

Individual freedom is not a religious belief (not saying I completely agree with that statement, it's just how the law would look at it).

BuzzH

WKR
Religious exemptions are working here in CA, so are fake vax cards. These are the only tools we have until this thing blows over or we actually stand up and use the 2nd amendment in protest for once. Buzz can be the front line defense tied to the truck bumper- operation human shield.
You going to be the first to use your second amendment rights over a vaccine, tuffie? Who you planning to kill first?

Unbelievable...

WKR
I'm pro vaccine and anti mandate.

Vaccination was an easy decision for me. I work in healthcare, I have a reasonably good feel for the science. Seems like a very, very easy decision based on my education and experience.

But the mandate, definitely rubs me the wrong way.

I'm glad I don't have to wrestle with those conflicting ideas.

In the end, I think most will talk tough on the internet and then roll up their sleeves and take the jab, never telling anybody and claiming they didn't via some obscure work around to save face. The very real scenario of being unemployed, and unemployable (nursing is a great example) for a couple of years is just not going to is just too much real threat for most people to justify.

I would argue to the 'I'm healthy,' and the I have 'natural immunity' crowd that the vaccine is like a condom, and being healthy and having natural immunity is like pulling out.

I used to claim it was only people with comorbidities and older people or people with shitty immune systems that were at risk. But, I've heard too many cases from the hospitals I work with that are seeing a creep of Covid hospitalizing the younger crowds and those without comorbidities. I know someone personally who is 36, a marathon runner, hunts out west, can swim and bike like a pro, eats healthily, etc. He was hospitalized for Covid. It took months to get his running times back to normal and he still can't taste anything.

But I've also seen my unvaccinated uncle, who's a fat asshole that eats McDonald's almost every other day, get Covid and only feel like he had a bad cold (he did have a wheezing cough that lasted months after but still, he was never hospitalized). So my opinion is this virus is just whack and the data is clear that if you are vaccinated you are way better off.

Not saying you should have to be vaccinated, but I think you are risking a lot by not getting the vaccine, vs. getting it. Be careful out there and listen to your doctor, or multiple doctors. "Researching" from the toilet is not the same as becoming a researcher and knowing how to spot good research from bad (and I'm admitting I'm very guilty of this!).

Religious exemptions are working here in CA, so are fake vax cards. These are the only tools we have until this thing blows over or we actually stand up and use the 2nd amendment in protest for once. Buzz can be the front line defense tied to the truck bumper- operation human shield.
Working for who? People who were part of a religion that didn't vaccinate, or people who suddenly felt they needed an exemption?

And what companies? Were they big or small?

Not saying they were wrong, just curious to learn how things work elsewhere. My HR circle is limited to the east coast.

bozeman

WKR
I agree 307......too much 'talk' and not enough 'walk'. When it comes down to it, many are unwilling to sacrifice to bring about the so called change they like to say is necessary. Complain, complain, complain, take no action. And for all of those claiming 2nd amendment junk (when used in this context it is junk)......let us know when you make the first move........such claims are beyond me.

BuzzH

WKR

Vaccination was an easy decision for me. I work in healthcare, I have a reasonably good feel for the science. Seems like a very, very easy decision based on my education and experience.

In the end, I think most will talk tough on the internet and then roll up their sleeves and take the jab, never telling anybody and claiming they didn't via some obscure work around to save face. The very real scenario of being unemployed, and unemployable (nursing is a great example) for a couple of years is just not going to is just too much real threat for most people to justify.
Worth reading twice. Tough talk is usually from those the most fearful/afraid...seen it, my whole life.

Ratbeetle

WKR
She made a very admirable choice. And you made a a choice to be dousch. Hopefully you and I get to meet one day.

Just put that tool box on ignore, he's one of only 3 on this entire site I blocked so I don't have to read the smug garbage he posts. Don't feed the troll.

I admire your wife for choosing her principles over her job and I feel for everyone having to make the same decision. I hope many, many more can be strong enough to do the same.

It's hard to walk away from everything you have worked for, but I truly believe it's necessary to save this country. If people won't stand up to forced injections or no work, then they won't stand up against anything.

I am in same boat. Vaccine good - mandate bad. However, I can understand the mandate in a healthcare setting and don't have an argument against requiring an approved vaccine. They already mandated vaccines so that was a no surprise move.

But Biden's psychopath control scheme to mandate it via federal contracts and large business is bullshit.

Reactions: 307

ODB

WKR

Right - which is why the mandate is especially pernicious and egregious - it is literally tied to a person's ability to make a living, feed their family, save for retirement, etc etc etc. There is almost no more punishing thing you could do to someone other than incarceration than to deny them the ability of making a living.

And for the knee-jerk 'make your own company' responses - save them - it's not that easy and if you have been paying attention, you will know this mandate will creep into every nook and and cranny of the work sector. A year ago people floated the idea of mandates and were called conspiracy theorists and whack jobs; adherents to a slipper-slope fallacy (it is not a fallacy, folks), and yet look where we are.

The FDA is allowing the jab for kids 5-11... I imagine you all will be first in line when your local school mandates the jab to stay in school. It's coming, prepare yourself now.

For the record - I;m vaxxed, but **** all that heavy-handed bullshit.

Remember the pic of the two water fountains, one that says 'white' and the other 'colored?' Just change that to 'vaxxed' and unvaxxed.' This is the world you live in now.

Curious why she ever went into health care? With the Hep B vaccine requirement and yearly testing for TB and all, trampling her rights to freedom.

I was in the military and shot up with all they had including anthrax, had shots to go to school growing up, my kids have shots to go to school, and we all went and got the vaccine as soon as it was available. I don’t get the annual flu shot, but just out of lack of interest.
I don’t see how Liberty and Freedom play in with any of those shots. There’s lots of gov mandated stuff we do all the time without complaints of lost liberty and freedom. Car insurance and seatbelts come to mind. I recall the hubabaloo around the anthrax shots. It all blew over after a bit.

Count me as one who just doesn’t understand those opposed to this vaccine.
Happy to let you do you, but don’t understand it.

WKR
I am in same boat. Vaccine good - mandate bad. However, I can understand the mandate in a healthcare setting and don't have an argument against requiring an approved vaccine. They already mandated vaccines so that was a no surprise move.

But Biden's psychopath control scheme to mandate it via federal contracts and large business is bullshit.

Agree, especially in healthcare. Unless people are going to leave the healthcare field permanently, I can't see being employed without vaccination.

Other industries, yeah I think it will eventually pass but I'd be surprised if it's ever not required in a healthcare setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.