Outdoorsman pricing

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone school me on why outdoorsman’s pan heads are very expensive? Ranging from $770 to $362 being the cheapest one. I was browsing for a new pan head and figured I would check their site but wow.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Made in the USA, great warranty, great customer service, percision manufacturing, inflation, designed for hunting and not camera gear.
If you don't want to pay the price then buy a Chinese knockoff. Or wait for a used one in the classifieds.

havent bought a tripod or head but use there mounting system and bought other stuff from them. i will say there customer serviceis great. i only needed them once and it was not really there fault. i bought a swaro FFP for my binos and when i opened the actual swaro box nothing was in it. they immediately asked for a photo and had a new one shipped that day.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Made in the USA, great warranty, great customer service, percision manufacturing, inflation, designed for hunting and not camera gear.
If you don't want to pay the price then buy a Chinese knockoff. Or wait for a used one in the classifieds.
Thank you. I assumed it was this but i was wondering if there was something i was missing. I would love to support US made products and companies so I guess I'll just have to hold off for a bit till i can get one.

Good used ones pop up here for a decent price. Just watch the classifieds.

Once you buy it, you’ll never need another really.

Fig out which one ya really need. They have 3 reg ones and then one just for binos too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Good used ones pop up here for a decent price. Just watch the classifieds.

Once you buy it, you’ll never need another really.

Fig out which one ya really need. They have 3 reg ones and then one just for binos too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i was looking at the micro and noticed the prices of the other 2 and then that brought up the question in my head.

charliebravo77

Lil-Rokslider
Echoing the customer service and build quality. I've stopped into the store a couple times after hunting trips in AZ and they were happy to answer dozens of questions, pull out all sorts of optics to demo and play with, explain how all their gear is made and intended to be used, etc. I have a pan head and bino adapter with studs on a few pairs and it's a really great system. I like their tripods but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on legs alone, at least at that point in my life. They are very well made and solid/stable compared to how light they are vs. other manufacturers though. I run the pan head on a set of Benro carbon fiber legs that are ~$100 and it's a great setup for mobile glassing.