Pa Big Woods Archery Success

trekker9

FNG
You are correct, I was up in 2G. Amazing country and while it’s not wide open like out west still allows for an adventure. I can’t quite seem to convince my wife that I should make a trip west quite yet so this will do until I make something else happen.
Cut her loose.

cgavason

FNG
Great looking PA buck! Im in 4e and hunt western 4c. I definitely need to look around up north or Central. Exploring public and hiking way in avoids the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

june-bug

FNG
Congrats man! That's a great buck. I really enjoyed the story. I bet you can hardly wait until next year.

Awesome story and great buck! 2G has been great to my family as well and is always quite the adventure!

OP

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
The taxidermist had an incredibly short turn around for me and I was fortunate enough to pick him up last week. I didn’t notice it at the time, but he has scars on either side of his face from fighting. That news had me wishing it was November to be back up there trying to find whatever was able to put a beating on him.

Big Bull Taxidermy did a fantastic job and also tapped him out at 138 2/8 gross. We believe he was 3 1/2 maybe 4 1/2, but I didn’t send anything out to properly age him, just basing it off his eye to nose measurement. He is by far my biggest buck and is definitely a great representation of a Pa Big Woods buck. In the photo the mounted 8 was my first buck taken in 21, the euro was last years in the big woods, and then obviously this years.

IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0075.jpeg

Dave_S

FNG
This has really got me thinking about planning my own back country PA hunt next season. Great deer!