Pa Saturday turkey season opener 4/27/13

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks a lot Robin!!! You know Robin the photos you help me post and they did post,,,, are gone from the posts. They were up about 2or 3 weeks and poof gone.

Cburns17,, Yes it's a switchback. It just shoots great. Had it from the first year they came out. It's the longest I ever had a bow. It's got 6 or 8 birds, quit a few deer, some elk and a bear or two. I've been thinking of replacing it. Been looking at the Strother bow's. But have not gotten a chance to shoot one.. Ed

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I still have one more tag. May go out Thursday morning before work. Then Saturday till the noon dead line. Hows everyone else going?

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Ok going out Saturday 5/4/13. I'm not doing the over night hunt. Going out early in the morning. When out tonight. Saw one bird about 500 yds out on a gas line. It was feeding and looked black. So I'm guessing it was a gobbler. Then drove to another farm and there was about seven birds in a field 300 yds out. Three where toms as I could see full fans. So tomorrow I'll start posting on how the day is going.. I'm thinking that the second farm I went to tonight may of had manure spread, as I could smell it. That's the farmer that plants the corn in the first farm I hunted on open day and Monday. So tomorrow I'm hunting farm # 2.

Last edited:
OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Hearing a gobble every now and then out maybe a little farther 100yds. 6:55. I am hunting out of my blind

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
I hate geese they are all over and noisey. Should be no closed season. Then again I know no one that even wants to hunt them around here. Ten years ago you didn't see geese very much. Nowyou can see 500 or more in a day. Their the new rat! :)

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Ok had two birds come in they looked lile twin hen, but one had a very thin. 3 inch beard. ????? Bearded hen? ??