Pack that has performed well for you in the Backcountry?

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,
I'm hoping to get some advice on packs for backcountry hunts. Now, I have a badlands pack, but I don't see it as being great for hauling large amounts of meat out of the woods. What's a pack that's performed well for you have used in the backcountry that you've done a pack out with? I've read up on Kifaru packs and heard EXOs are good as well but hoping to hear what packs y'all might like
Thank you

Last edited:

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know what you want more info of. This topic has been more than covered. But for what it’s worth I have an exo. I love it. Haven’t tried the other good ones.

I just purchased a MR Metcalf.....hoping it's what I think it is once I put some miles on my back with it...if not, there's lots of really good choices out there.

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
One thing I learned myself and have heard lots of other guys say is you can have a pack you think is fine. But until you try one that really is above others you won’t realize what you’re missing.

Oh man......Badlands is the reason I bought a Kifaru. Now that the new Ark Frame is out, I give it my recommendation

I am a littler bias but I have always used kifaru packs and they have never failed me. The customer service is great and its 100 percent made in america

Mystery Ranch has worked well for me over the past few years. I’ve done hunts in Alaska, Idaho, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, and Kentucky with them. In Alaska I used the Marshall for sheep, caribou and moose. Everywhere else has either been a pintler or a metcalf.

Bergy-Bowsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I can't speak highly enough about stone glacier I love my pack it's unbelievably comfortable, I've used , kifaru, kuiu, mystery ranch , exo, eberlestock, and stone glacier. I'll never look back I'm sticking with my stone

sndmn11

WKR
@GodSpeed1 the best thing you can do is get two different frames, try them, sell the loser, and buy another until you find love.

If you share where you live you might find people in your area that would let you try theirs.

Seek Outside
Exo
Kifaru
Stone Glacier
Kuiu
Initial Ascent
Mystery Ranch
And others

OP
G

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
@GodSpeed1 the best thing you can do is get two different frames, try them, sell the loser, and buy another until you find love.

If you share where you live you might find people in your area that would let you try theirs.

Seek Outside
Exo
Kifaru
Stone Glacier
Kuiu
Initial Ascent
Mystery Ranch
And others
I'm down in Windsor Colorado

sndmn11

WKR
I'm down in Windsor Colorado
I have seek outside packs with large belts, @Ucsdryder is reviewing the Ark and has the duplex as well. @1shotgear carries Stone Glacier, and I would imagine you can turn up an Exo pack from a CO person pretty easily, but, @Mark at EXO offers a 30 day trial.

The point is, there are several pack brands that are more than capable of doing backpack stuff. I cannot stand the fit of some that others swoon over, and you never know what fits well until you try it. Dropping several hundred dollars on something because random dude on a hunting forum said it was fun can be an easy way to waste money and time thinking you bought the "best" when the reality is there are lots of "best" but maybe only a few best for you.

OP
G

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
I have seek outside packs with large belts, @Ucsdryder is reviewing the Ark and has the duplex as well. @1shotgear carries Stone Glacier, and I would imagine you can turn up an Exo pack from a CO person pretty easily, but, @Mark at EXO offers a 30 day trial.

The point is, there are several pack brands that are more than capable of doing backpack stuff. I cannot stand the fit of some that others swoon over, and you never know what fits well until you try it. Dropping several hundred dollars on something because random dude on a hunting forum said it was fun can be an easy way to waste money and time thinking you bought the "best" when the reality is there are lots of "best" but maybe only a few best for you.
Yeah I do not doubt that at all