Pack that has performed well for you in the Backcountry?

Wow 5 whole deer in one big haul that is something! I know the Kifaru headquarter is up north in Wyoming so I Am hoping to get up there some time soon with my dad to maybe find one but we'll see how it goes. What is the SO?
I didn’t read my earlier post. I don’t know if I typo’Ed or you just misunderstood. I was trying to say all the deer I’ve packed out with those two packs, I brought out in one load. All the meat, horns, and gear in one trip.

I didn’t read my earlier post. I don’t know if I typo’Ed or you just misunderstood. I was trying to say all the deer I’ve packed out with those two packs, I brought out in one load. All the meat, horns, and gear in one trip.
yes that is quite a feat!

Friend don’t let friend use Badlands.

Mystery Ranch for me. Started with a Longbow. Then a Metcalf. Now a Beartooth 80.

Their warranty service is fantastic. I’ve absolutely pounded this pack and they fixed it up like new.
yea if I killed something big with the badlands pack I think I could be in for some trouble it's not the best for pack outs I don't imagine

For backpack hunting, I use a Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Roomy and very well thought out features. For treestand hunting (or ground blinds) around my property, I use the Mystery Ranch Treehouse. You hang it on a hook or screw-in step and it is designed to stay open and accessible. Very well thought out and works really well.

As others have said, trying on several packs is ideal. Preferably without having to purchase and return (or sell) them. I went through that and it wasn't a cheap experience.

Another option to consider that doesn't get mentioned often is the frame packs from Outdoorsmans. They are heavy and don't provide a ton of shoulder lift, but I ended up settling on an Outdoorsmans pack as my favorite of all the high-end packs that I tried. I really like mine. Wilderness pack specialties, the manufacturer for Outdoorsmans, offers basically the same pack setup with slightly different suspension components and they call it the Yukon frame.

Most guys don't prefer them, but if you have a chance to try one out I'd give it a look.

I’ve had/have a few of them. The k4 is the winner for me, exos customer service is great. I have not tried initial ascent, akek or the new ark. But would assume those would be plenty capable packs also. Packs are like boots, it’s gotta fit you. Hopefully you find something that works for you.

Back