PEAX Solitude 4 Tipi Review ***Updated 8/1/23***

Mtnhntr84

FNG
I had some nights bear hunting with this and I was really happy with the added room those guy outs created. I'm hoping they come out with a 2person version of this.

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I had some nights bear hunting with this and I was really happy with the added room those guy outs created. I'm hoping they come out with a 2person version of this.
Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate you taking time to let others on the forum know about your experience.

badlander

FNG
Any plans for a liner system for this tipi? That’s my one hang up on this VS sawtooth or Cimarron. Optional liners would seal it for me….!

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Is the floor worth the upgrade compared to a ground cloth?
On the stove side of the floor, does it have a side wall or is it flat?
I feel like the floor is too thin and you still need tyvek or something similar. It does help keep water out with the bathtub floor if you have to pitch in a bad spot or there is a lot of rain. I myself am hoping for a half nest type setup for it. I messaged them about it and they said it was in the works

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if Peax has intentions of making a nest for the shelter?

Nick2021 - can you share an update on the nest you bought?
I know peax said they are coming out with a nest option. I bought a mountain laurels design bug bivy. It’s basically just mesh with an 20d rip drip floor that encompasses my sleeping pad and bag. I then use tyvek as my ground cloth.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_6393.jpegIMG_6403.jpeg
I got to test mine out two weeks ago. It worked great. Pretty happy with it overall. It seems durable, pitches fast. I didn’t pitch on any vegetation, but it was hot and humid and I didn’t have any condensation in the morning. I did pitch it with good air flow on the bottom and the vents at the top help a lot. Excited to get a stove in here in November.

nick2021

FNG
Okay, so was able to test this tipi out in alaska for 10 days with a stove. I must say, I was extremely happy with it. LOTs of room for gear…and plenty of space to sleep comfortably in while in austere conditions. I used the argali titanium stove with this, and having the ability to hang clothes to dry (or to warm clothes in the morning before waking up in cold conditions) was money. I did use cyclone tent stakes vs the standard ones as we had a real bad front come in——my friend’s tent stakes came out, but the cyclones never shook loose (although you could probably put rocks on top of the standard stakes in high wind conditions). Also, be careful of the tipi pole’s proximity to the stove. Mine warped due to the heat from the stove and cost me $100 to replace….I would try to keep the pole more than a foot away (more if possible). Otherwise, it can be an expensive mistake. I didn’t use bug meeting inside….I did get bugs in the tent everyday, but once the stove was turned on the bugs would gradually die off from touching the hot pipe….so I wouldn’t really say netting was a necessity when I used the tipi (although summertime/spring may be a different ballgame). Overall, was happy with the tent….even though I didn’t think the tent pole would warp so easily, I am still happy with the tipi’s performance.

Argali stove and Peax Tipi made for a solid combo in first trip to Montana. Was down to -10 to -15 one night. Can’t wait to get out and use it again.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7058.jpeg
    IMG_7058.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7052.jpeg
    IMG_7052.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7051.jpeg
    IMG_7051.jpeg
    587 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 49

nomad14

FNG
any other alternate floor options besides tyvek someone could bring in for a little more insulation and ground protection?

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_2009.jpegYa i def need some practice setting it up. I also plan on gettin peaks sissy stix as mine worked but you can see they arnt in line with the peax handles inside