Please meet our new mods!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, in our mission to keep this the most positive place it can be, we welcome two more moderators to the staff:

@philos (Joe Witt) has been with us since we started this place! Perfect fit for our staff as he knows the crowd and what rolls and what doesn’t.

He’s a mult-weapon hunter all the way from South Carolina. Here’s a bit about him:

I am a lifetime outdoor enthusiast and conservationist. I make every attempt to be a good land steward and to be a good example of the “hook and bullet” crowd when I interface with the general public-particularly that portion of society that may not appreciate our sport and what it entails.
I have worked with and managed a varied group of individuals in my professional life and I believe it has helped to broaden my understanding of the differences in thought processes across the spectrum.
I believe that my most valuable offering, though, is sheer life experie nce with open eyes.

Next up is @fngTony (formerly fng4life, Anthony Crumley). He’s been around here for a few years and brings moderator experience from other internet adventures he’s participated in. Here’s some more:

I’ve been a frequent site visitor for six years so I feel that I understand what the expected behavior is. It’s important that discussions don’t get too ugly …Poor behavior discourages members (or anyone reading) from joining or participating.

Without our mods, Rokslide would be a smoking pile in a week, ran by a few know-it-all bullies. Moderators make this place possible and we’re thankful for them.

Please Welcome Joe and Anthony to to the staff and hit them up with any questions.

Thanks!

I thought about lobbing a zinger, but y'all don't know me well enough to know that it would have been done in a playful spirit. I'll just say that I appreciate that this place is kept free of trolls and pointless bickering. I enjoy banter and dangling a little bait from time to time, but respect that this isn't the place to do it. There are Facebook groups for that. Welcome Joe and Tony and thanks. I have moderated two different major forums, one boating and one motorcycling, and it kinda sucks.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I thought about lobbing a zinger, but y'all don't know me well enough to know that it would have been done in a playful spirit. I'll just say that I appreciate that this place is kept free of trolls and pointless bickering. I enjoy banter and dangling a little bait from time to time, but respect that this isn't the place to do it. There are Facebook groups for that. Welcome Joe and Tony and thanks. I have moderated two different major forums, one boating and one motorcycling, and it kinda sucks.
🙏

Welcome fellas .Any thoughts on midterm elections and 2024 presidential election.( just kidding ). Thanks for your hard work keeping the insults to a minimum. Kinda like being a hockey referee in the movie Slapshot

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Welcome Joe and Tony.

Question for Robbie: If Joe gives up his WKR status and is now WKM does that relieve him from any possible prosecution in the BOAL scandal or can some sort of retroactive statute of limitations go into effect when the DNA comes back? I only ask because Joe and I went to high school together and he stole my girlfriend so I know he is not above that sort of behavior. I haven't checked into the BOAL thread lately but this is just the sort of mastermind scheme Joe is capable of.
1659052916675.png

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Joe and Tony.

Question for Robbie: If Joe gives up his WKR status and is now WKM does that relieve him from any possible prosecution in the BOAL scandal or can some sort of retroactive statute of limitations go into effect when the DNA comes back? I only ask because Joe and I went to high school together and he stole my girlfriend so I know he is not above that sort of behavior. I haven't checked into the BOAL thread lately but this is just the sort of mastermind scheme Joe is capable of.
View attachment 433364
He now has diplomatic immunity :)

You're not my real dad! YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO - Angry School Boy |  Meme Generator