Pocket chainsaw review?

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
So I guess I didnt read all the posts and see you have stock I keep an Oregon saw on my saddle when ever I'm riding which is normally in the cold winter months they work wonders and ride right under my sturrup on my left side rifle scabbard on the right. I can take some pictures if you like but that saw eats through wood and is comfortable and light. I have had a boreal 21 folding bow saw for close to 10 years now it has cut a whole lot of wood in that time is light and works really well fits right in the pack panniers I have with hard liners if you go that route get extra blades they are cheap light and easy to replace the pins are held with C clips so get a couple extra clips and pins keep them in a pill bottle or I use an old film container. For extended trips I go ahead and bring a 3.5lb gransfors bruks axe on a 32" custom handle I carved
I have the handle stick back out of the pannier or I tie it to a friends saddle. got the head 10 years ago on ebay beat up some but for 50 bucks back when not everyone thought axe heads were worth 300 it was well worth the money and is to this day my go to axe I could rebuild society with that axe it has always seemed it will process a lot of wood a whole lot more efficiently than a saw as long as you know what your doing. Anyone who says a hand saw is more efficient than an axe for full processing is either terrible with an axe or never used a good axe. Fiskers are not good axes I've owned 4 or 5 over the years and they are the ones I hand other people to use the other 38 axes I have I keep to myself.

I bought one of those a few years ago, it was like $8 on Amazon. I've never packed it but I used it a couple times in the backyard and it worked as I'd expected it to, it cut what I was cutting. Having said that I don't think I'd rely on it. I pack a Silky Katanaboy 650 in the truck and it makes pretty quick work of normal sized logs. That's just for cutting though, still gotta split it.