Precision Tuning for the Diehard Bowhunter -The Push

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone else excited for the new online course being put out by The Push? I personally can’t wait. I know it’s probably going to be 200 bucks but that is nothing compared to the amount of arrows I have wasted trying to tune in the past!

OP
Hawkeye29

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
On their last podcast they said it should be released on January 1st.

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t been shooting much, but very excited for this and hopefully get a new bow and start shooting often again.

Wrench

WKR
Hopefully they take it from "tuning for dummies" to "precision tuning for advanced archers" because I see soooo many posts from guys trying advanced tuning procedures with beginner improper form and struggling!
100%. I remember when I thought I was a trad archer by hitting cantaloupe sized 20 yard targets. Now I am head shooting grouse at whatever distance they want to hold still.

I have a 5 gallon bucket of "tuned" arrows that over time proved to not be quite the bees knees that I thought before I learned a few things.

Now if Matt or Tom could explain to me how I aim so I could try to analyze that.....I'd be uber excited.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I guess my thing is if I can consistently bareshaft tune at 20-30 yards and fletched arrows along with broadheads hit where I aim as far as I can shoot, then why spend the money to learn something different?

When do we call it good enough? Shooting bareshafts keeps me honest and lets me know if I’m slacking on my form. I put 7 arrows through critters this year and all 7 had a pass through. Idk what more you can ask for but I am interested to see what this program is all about.

OP
Hawkeye29

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
I guess my thing is if I can consistently bareshaft tune at 20-30 yards and fletched arrows along with broadheads hit where I aim as far as I can shoot, then why spend the money to learn something different?

When do we call it good enough? Shooting bareshafts keeps me honest and lets me know if I’m slacking on my form. I put 7 arrows through critters this year and all 7 had a pass through. Idk what more you can ask for but I am interested to see what this program is all about.
I’d say you have it figured out! Good job on a great season!

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
I am excited for it, but was bummed to see the $200 price tag. You guys gotta leave some reviews to hype me up to spend that amount on it. I want it but my wallet doesn't.

JjamesIII

WKR
Is anyone else excited for the new online course being put out by The Push? I personally can’t wait. I know it’s probably going to be 200 bucks but that is nothing compared to the amount of arrows I have wasted trying to tune in the past!
If it’s not too costly I will. $200 is steep! All I need is a Bare shaft to 30 yards and then verify with slow motion video that everyone has on their phones in order to check arrow flight. Lastly, I check how things play out with broadheads.

If your form is good and you have a clean, consistent release- tuning a trad bow slinging arrows less than 200 fps isn’t that hard! People chase their tails in two ways- bad arrow spine/builds for their bow and inconsistent form issues. It’s that simple.

oldgoat

WKR
If it’s not too costly I will. $200 is steep! All I need is a Bare shaft to 30 yards and then verify with slow motion video that everyone has on their phones in order to check arrow flight. Lastly, I check how things play out with broadheads.

If your form is good and you have a clean, consistent release- tuning a trad bow slinging arrows less than 200 fps isn’t that hard! People chase their tails in two ways- bad arrow spine/builds for their bow and inconsistent form issues. It’s that simple.
Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have rmsgear as my local shop, I learned how to tune for free hanging out shooting the shit in the shop, if you can keep your head down and watch your arrow fly you can tune your arrows, or have somebody watch them for you or now days, video them. Will say my micro arrows(bareshafts) are a bitch to see what's happening with, even with a wrap on them!

JjamesIII

WKR
Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have rmsgear as my local shop, I learned how to tune for free hanging out shooting the shit in the shop, if you can keep your head down and watch your arrow fly you can tune your arrows, or have somebody watch them for you or now days, video them. Will say my micro arrows(bareshafts) are a bitch to see what's happening with, even with a wrap on them!
The iPhone slow motion video was a huge eye opener. So cool to watch the helical fletching spin and arrow.