Puffy pants

Shupe88

WKR
I’m sure this has already been asked at some point. Would the first lite puffy pants keep me warm enough in the tree stand with low temps in the upper teens? I would have thermal bottoms and guide pants on as well. I just don’t feel that they would work well with temps that low and sitting stationary for hours. I have several stands that are over a mile walk from the truck so I’m needing something packable. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofl0926

WKR
So I was in your shoes last year. I didn’t think the puffy pants would work either. Instead i packed in my bib set from first lite. I walked to my fat tree stands. Probably over a mile. As soon as I got into my box stand, I threw on the bib set and was toasty all day. This was in Missouri and last year it was miserably cold.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
So I was in your shoes last year. I didn’t think the puffy pants would work either. Instead i packed in my bib set from first lite. I walked to my fat tree stands. Probably over a mile. As soon as I got into my box stand, I threw on the bib set and was toasty all day. This was in Missouri and last year it was miserably cold.

Would those be the sanctuary set? I’ve never owned any of there cold weather gear. Only the early season stuff.

ofl0926

WKR
Would those be the sanctuary set? I’ve never owned any of there cold weather gear. Only the early season stuff.

Yup the sanctuary set is what I own and used. I was brutally cold and I was good to go with them

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure this has already been asked at some point. Would the first lite puffy pants keep me warm enough in the tree stand with low temps in the upper teens? I would have thermal bottoms and guide pants on as well. I just don’t feel that they would work well with temps that low and sitting stationary for hours. I have several stands that are over a mile walk from the truck so I’m needing something packable. Thanks.

That is my exact setup and was fine into single degree temps and windchills. Merino baselayer, guide DCS pants, and carried in my first lite puffy pants

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Yup the sanctuary set is what I own and used. I was brutally cold and I was good to go with them

Are they packable?

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
That is my exact setup and was fine into single degree temps and windchills. Merino baselayer, guide DCS pants, and carried in my first lite puffy pants

That’s what I was hoping to hear. I will probably give them a shot.

eoperator

WKR
I have a heater body suit & first lite puffies. most of the time I just take the heater body suit and comfortable walking clothes. hands and feet are much warmer that way