Ranger green

HookUp

WKR
The ranger green with coyote straps has a nice retro vibe to it. I am going to keep my bag brown for the desert is where I most hunt, but will be trimming with some ranger green pockets on my new reckoning.

It would, but I've got a foliage pack already (Exo) that I would slot onto a foliage frame, but wolf and foliage are different enough that a foliage bag on a wolf frame would look a bit "off", I know that a lot of people don't care about color etc but I'm an instructor at a survival school and I always do a "what's in my pack" breakdown sesion so I prefer to look "professional" and not looking as if it is just tacked together with bits and pieces. Anyway, I know my particular situation is unusual, so I can't expect Kifaru to make something specific just because it fits my individual needs...

I like Ranger Green enough that I would just sell off the Exo and buy a new set but not totally sold on the ranger/coyote combo, I'll wait to see what the packs look like in "in the field" photos, maybe it won't look so bad with some ranger green belt pouches on it.

8299a0fb803e22dfc9e73a41793e0068.jpg
56da63cf7d69cddf69d46cd82ce5cc5a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting these photos, I'd seen a couple of shots but not these ones.

I really did like the layout of that new Reckoning pack.

Outdoorsman3830

Lil-Rokslider
The reason for the Ranger Green fabric with the Coyote Brown or Tan webbing and hardware may be to comply with and appeal to Army personnel. It is a great combination of colors and it's the same color scheme I'm using for the custom pack I've been working on.

dotman

WKR
I'm digging the RG with CB webbing, contrast is great. Wonder what it'll look like with highlander pockets/lid. Glad I'm not in the market and like my current setup.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I think I've figured out what I'll do, I'm thinking that I'll get the RG frame and paint the webbing to ranger green to suit my personal preference (easy fix), then make my own pack bag in the Ranger Green cordura/webbing scheme.

That will give me the best frame available AND a decent DIY project to sink my teeth into and the ability to customize the size, layout etc to suit my specific needs.

Having said that, if the The Reckoning pack perfectly suits my purposes then I may just get that and give it a custom paint job too...

The reason for the Ranger Green fabric with the Coyote Brown or Tan webbing and hardware may be to comply with and appeal to Army personnel. It is a great combination of colors and it's the same color scheme I'm using for the custom pack I've been working on.

I think it has less to do with appeal to army and more to do with remaining Berry compliant. That's my guess. If ranger green sells I bet we will see green webbing and buckles to match. I know the minimum for buckles is quite expensive.

I'm digging the RG with CB webbing, contrast is great. Wonder what it'll look like with highlander pockets/lid. Glad I'm not in the market and like my current setup.

Kifaru is already tactical enough for my taste, this screams tacticool. It looks cool but not something i am looking for as a hunting/ hiking/travel pack. I get enough shit at TSA for my TAD carry on and my bag of camo. Throw in a bow or a gun and it's always "random screen" time. One agent asked if I had any other weapons no joke 5 different times throughout a lovely pat down.

I've never been one to hide what I am but I've been running stone glacier packs and wearing a lot more solids lately and I have to deal with a lot less shit on a daily basis, although I am in California...

I like RG but not with the contrasting webbing. The reckoning and other bags that don't have a ton of Molle webbing probably look great, but anything Molle heavy is going to stick out in a major way.

Last edited:
OP
S
I think I've figured out what I'll do, I'm thinking that I'll get the RG frame and paint the webbing to ranger green to suit my personal preference (easy fix), then make my own pack bag in the Ranger Green cordura/webbing scheme.

That will give me the best frame available AND a decent DIY project to sink my teeth into and the ability to customize the size, layout etc to suit my specific needs.

Having said that, if the The Reckoning pack perfectly suits my purposes then I may just get that and give it a custom paint job too...
What kind of paint works best on webbing? Just curious

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

OP
S
Kifaru is already tactical enough for my taste, this screams tacticool. It looks cool but not something i am looking for as a hunting/ hiking/travel pack. I get enough shit at TSA for my TAD carry on and my bag of camo. Throw in a bow or a gun and it's always "random screen" time. One agent asked if I had any other weapons no joke 5 different times through out s lovely pat down.

I've never been one to hide what I am but I've been running stone glacier packs and wearing a lot more solids lately and I have to deal with a lot less shit on a daily basis, although I am in California...

I like RG but not with the contrasting webbing. The reckoning and other bags that don't have a ton of Molle webbing probably look great, but anything Molle heavy is going to stick out in a major way.

Agreed, my Zulu is covered in webbing, and well, I guess it IS a tactical pack anyways. But I haven't coughed up for a different/better pack yet. Do you think rg looks more tactical than CB??

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of paint works best on webbing? Just curious

My local hardware have a color matching service, I'm going to try getting a sample pot matching RG and thin it down a fraction with paint thinner to paint it on to the webbing to make sure that it isn't "caked" but just soaks into the webbing. I'll have to try it on some coyote webbing to test it before I do the pack though.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Would be very interesting to know from Kifaru whether they intend to go green webbing in the future, gives us more information to make or buying decision/timing.

I don't care what color "Ranger Green" really is...I LIKE IT! Ordered a complete set up: Argali, Spotter Pocket, Large Belt Pouch, Small Belt Pouch, Water Bottle Holder, Guide Lid, and the new Frame with the RG shoulder straps and waist belt!!!!

Cory - I would like to thank you again for your excellent benchmarking services. The availability of posts like this mutes the protests of my wife when a new piece of gear is going to be hitting my door. Enjoy the Ranger Green. It looks like a cool color. Short bloodtrails.

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
why wouldnt you try dye not paint? i like my stuff to match also or have option for my own contrast
yeah it seems with all their custom ability the is always some choice lacking color of straps, not camo harnesses, some bags not all colors, no option for ordering autolock buckles, some pieces or fittings either not available or order by there numbers

i think it looks great. when they asked on the kifaru forum about adding it i said that it would be my first choice in pack color if available and these pictures aren't changing my mind.

Kotaman

WKR
Cory - I would like to thank you again for your excellent benchmarking services. The availability of posts like this mutes the protests of my wife when a new piece of gear is going to be hitting my door. Enjoy the Ranger Green. It looks like a cool color. Short bloodtrails.

No problem...I'm here to serve you. :)

Agreed, my Zulu is covered in webbing, and well, I guess it IS a tactical pack anyways. But I haven't coughed up for a different/better pack yet. Do you think rg looks more tactical than CB??

If the webbing matched, no. But sense it doesn't it reminds me of the old multicam packs that had CB webbing.

Kotaman

WKR
I definitely like the contrasting webbing on some of the "lesser webbed" packs. I can see you guys point on the packs with a lot of webbing though. The contrasting webbing really dresses up packs like the Argali/Markor/Tahr IMO...THese issues can best be described as my buddy puts it... "white girl problems"...