Recommend me a hunting pants with knee pads.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend me a company - style of hunting pants that have knee pads either inbuilt or can be
put in the pants.

Many thanks
Regards
Glendine.

Sitka Timberline or Sitka Mountain Pants both have removable kneepads. I have both. Also the Timberline pant has external knee pad of a waterproof material, and the seat area has the same material for sitting on damp areas. They both also have suspender loops (which I love), but only the Timberlines come with suspenders, you have to buy the suspenders if you want to use them with the Mountain pant.

Bump79

WKR
First Lite Foundry series has nice removable knee pads as well. I actually didn't think I'd like them but I started hunting Whitetail from the ground and they are awesome in that situation.

The Canis pants have knee pads too.

Voyageur

WKR
I'm very happy with my Sitka Timberlines. I just replaced the knee pads after this year's moose hunt. I would say they were 5 or 6 years old.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
I cant believe people rarely recommend Pnuma Gear. Their clothing line is simply awesome! They are also a great company to deal with. The kneepads are great in their pants.

I have Kuiu Talus and FORLOH Allclima Stretch. The Allclima are more comfortable, Talus are tougher. I also like the waterproof seat of the Talus. The zippers are alot more stout on the Allclima though and I prefer their pockets over the Talus. As for the kneepads, it seems like the Talus has a bit of an edge on thickness but I haven't had any issues with them on either pair. Very nice kneepads that are always in the right spot while kneeling and with hiking they are not an issue. Allclima is also quieter fabric but Talus are warmer.

Last edited:
OP
Glendine

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Timberline or Sitka Mountain Pants both have removable kneepads. I have both. Also the Timberline pant has external knee pad of a waterproof material, and the seat area has the same material for sitting on damp areas. They both also have suspender loops (which I love), but only the Timberlines come with suspenders, you have to buy the suspenders if you want to use them with the Mountain pant.

Hi Laelkhunter,

Thanks for your message and suggestions do Sitka sizes run true?

Many thanks
Glendine.

OP
Glendine

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
I have Kuiu Talus and FORLOH Allclima Stretch. The Allclima are more comfortable, Talus are tougher. I also like the waterproof seat of the Talus. The zippers are alot more stout on the Allclima though and I prefer their pockets over the Talus. As for the kneepads, it seems like the Talus has a bit of an edge on thickness but I haven't had any issues with them on either pair. Very nice kneepads that are always in the right spot while kneeling and with hiking they are not an issue. Allclima is also quieter fabric but Talus are warmer.

Atttack:Mode,
Many thanks for your message.
How do you find the fit of the KUIU Talus trousers?

Thanks
Glendine.

Voyageur

WKR
I will second what @Laelkhunter said about Sitka pant sizing running true. I've also found it to be consistent. Even so, I still think it's a good idea to try a garment on in the store before ordering online.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Fjallraven Barents Pro. You’ll need to get them hemmed as they come raw leg length, meant to be hemmed to your liking.

Canis Alpine and Alpine light have much nicer knee pads than the Sitka knee pads.

Venom One

WKR
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend me a company - style of hunting pants that have knee pads either inbuilt or can be
put in the pants.

Many thanks
Regards
Glendine.

Be aware that most of these pants have generic inseams so if you're taller or shorter than "average" the knee pad might be too high or too low. Seems to me that for $200+ they could make pants that actually fit correctly, but maybe that's too much to ask.

I love my Stika Mountain pants, I wish they made them in black or grey and I could use a set for PRS style matches and not have to wear out a set of hunting pants.