Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

CCooper

WKR
Like some others on this thread I’m either getting a set of el’s/sf’s and a br4 or just getting the revics.

For those of you that used to/still have el/sf’s do you think you are loosing any game spotting ability with the revic’s?

Also, are the revics able to accept a mount for tripod?
I just sold my BR4 and EL ranges over the last 2 weeks. I will be ordering a set of the Acura’s shortly (hoping for a Black Friday deal). After fumbling between devices and missing an opportunity on a very large blacktail this year I’m over it. I have finally seen the light with an all in 1 unit.

Flyjunky

WKR
I just sold my BR4 and EL ranges over the last 2 weeks. I will be ordering a set of the Acura’s shortly (hoping for a Black Friday deal). After fumbling between devices and missing an opportunity on a very large blacktail this year I’m over it. I have finally seen the light with an all in 1 unit.
I can understand that and I'll be curious what you think of the differences in glass.

lintond

WKR
@Aaron Davidson I've been trying to determine if I'll be able to use these for archery and ditch my RF. I can't seem to find anywhere that talks about this. Do they have a basic angle modified range? This would be a secondary use to the boom stick, but wanted to check.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
@Aaron Davidson I've been trying to determine if I'll be able to use these for archery and ditch my RF. I can't seem to find anywhere that talks about this. Do they have a basic angle modified range? This would be a secondary use to the boom stick, but wanted to check.
I'm not Aaron, but will say yes mine do. Will give 2 readings, first is a total range to target and second is the effective horizontal range.

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Just spent 9 days in Montana staring through these for hours every day. These are amazing and some of the best money I have spent on hunting gear. The glass is great, and while I have never owned alpha glass I never had any issues with headaches or eye fatigue and I was able to see details that my hunting partners could not pick out with their 12x Tract Binos.
Ballistic calculations were spot on. I killed a doe at 440 yards, a buck at 515 yards and coyote at 754 yards. With both deer I would not have had time to shoot had I been using my kestrel.
If you're thinking about getting a pair, do it.

kipper09

WKR
There’s a pair in the optics classifieds that were just listed if anyone is considering these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted aziak yesterday and they added it to their compatibility list. Should be #2 size.

So are folks having good cold weather luck with these still? After being 0 for 2 on Leica's that actually work in sub 35 degree temps I went back to separate units. I still like the workflow idea of having them together but would be pretty pissed if it gets back to having cold weather issues again.

bpurtz

WKR
So are folks having good cold weather luck with these still? After being 0 for 2 on Leica's that actually work in sub 35 degree temps I went back to separate units. I still like the workflow idea of having them together but would be pretty pissed if it gets back to having cold weather issues again.
I can't answer for the Revic, but I'm curious about your sub 35 degree Leica issue. Was your problem with the Geovid HD-B 2000? I've had my 3200.com and the new Geovid Pro in single digit temps multiple times and have never experienced a malfunction.

Not sure just got mine today.

I can't answer for the Revic, but I'm curious about your sub 35 degree Leica issue. Was your problem with the Geovid HD-B 2000? I've had my 3200.com and the new Geovid Pro in single digit temps multiple times and have never experienced a malfunction.

HD-B 2000, sent back and warranty replaced with HD-B 2200, sent back 2200 for the same issue and they warranty replaced with HD-B 3000s. I promptly listed the 3000s on the classifieds here without using them. Spanned two hunting seasons that I was without the binos between the 2 and wasn't interested in trying for a 3rd.

amassi

WKR

Haven’t seen any cold issues yet between 35 and 2 degrees. They work, don’t seem to heat soak in the truck too bad. All corrections have been spot of from the ballistic solver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

No issues cold soaked below zero. The Leica models you had issues with, are relatively well known to not like cold. In a quite a few of the Geovid R’s and Pros the last couple of years, they got the cold soak issues worked out it seems.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody compared these to the Zeiss RF 10x42? I know the Zeiss doesn't have wind readings but I'm more interested in glass comparisons and the ballistic function.
The Zeiss app is not all that great but it works for loading what's needed in the bino.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Has anybody compared these to the Zeiss RF 10x42? I know the Zeiss doesn't have wind readings but I'm more interested in glass comparisons and the ballistic function.
The Zeiss app is not all that great but it works for loading what's needed in the bino.

Yes. The Zeiss has better glass, the RF and ballistics are much better in the Revic.

Shraggs

WKR
I will add ZEISS did have a confirmed bug in their ballistics couple years ago, took same pain to prove but I haven’t seen it deviate from shooter in that time with 3 different rifle/loads. I’d recommend all software updates current.

Shraggs

WKR
Wanted to mention I’m not suggesting the ZEISS equals what Form is finding in evaluating the Revic, just I believe the algorithm is now calculating appropriately and consistently.

It will not range in Dense fog or heavy snow so I’m following this product too.

The glass however is very good.