Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

huntnful

WKR
Had as in past tense?

If so what are you running currently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I had them as in past tense. They were great for a ranging bino, but I couldn’t fully committ to replacing my 12X42 NL pure and Revic BR4 combo. I just glass way too much for my style of hunting and the NL’s are impossible to let go haha

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
How would the vectronix vector x compare to the Revic? Similar price point, specifically for a hunting RF Bino any reason to chose one over the other?

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Not to derail the thread, but perhaps to keep it here as it was named ... do Revic offer this directly?
You mean the bino or the mil/leo discount? You can order directly from Gunwerks.com or Revicoptics.com. we do offer a discount for active mil/leo. Call in and we can get that done over the phone. (307) 296-7301

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks for the review. I've been a "two device guy" for a while, but I'm leaning towards the LRF bino combo. Looks like these are only offered at MAP $2695, right?

This place is a real problem. But in my mind, I'm now "owed" way more due to pending house remodel projects "for" Mrs. fwafwow.
I shouldn't have touched the Revics while at Shoot2hunt. Tried really hard to justify the Leica Geovid Rs being all that I wanted/needed. In the end decided I wouldn't be happy with the compromise.

huntnful

WKR
I shouldn't have touched the Revics while at Shoot2hunt. Tried really hard to justify the Leica Geovid Rs being all that I wanted/needed. In the end decided I wouldn't be happy with the compromise.
Being able to make wind inputs into the bino in a matter of seconds is a very nice feature!

Ballistics worth it for 600 and in?

I sold my 8x Geovid-R because I decided I wanted 10x and didn't love waiting on EHR. I'm planning to buy Meopta Optika LR 10x42 next because I think they will give me the closest thing to the optic I want (Swaro SLC w/ simple RF).

I'm assuming while you were at Shoot2hunt the mil solution of the Revics simply worked better than looking at dope card on stock? Maybe I should spend more for Revics? (600 and in hunting.)

Ballistics worth it for 600 and in?

I sold my 8x Geovid-R because I decided I wanted 10x and didn't love waiting on EHR. I'm planning to buy Meopta Optika LR 10x42 next because I think they will give me the closest thing to the optic I want (Swaro SLC w/ simple RF).

I'm assuming while you were at Shoot2hunt the mil solution of the Revics simply worked better than looking at dope card on stock? Maybe I should spend more for Revics? (600 and in hunting.)
600 and in hunting implies being proficient on game to that distance, which means shooting significantly further in training. Absolutely the Revic BLR's and BR4 are the better solution than looking at a DOPE card on the stock, as well as being more capable than a more simple RF.

huntnful

WKR
600 and in hunting implies being proficient on game to that distance, which means shooting significantly further in training. Absolutely the Revic BLR's and BR4 are the better solution than looking at a DOPE card on the stock, as well as being more capable than a more simple RF.
Agreed with this 100% as well

fwafwow

WKR
I wish @Smenning had not mentioned the Vector X option. Now I’m down a deeper rabbit hole. But if I’m thinking of spending that kind of $, I guess I should spend some time researching the options.

huntnful

WKR
I wish @Smenning had not mentioned the Vector X option. Now I’m down a deeper rabbit hole. But if I’m thinking of spending that kind of $, I guess I should spend some time researching the options.
The new sig ranging bino also looks good. Too many good options now hahaha

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Biggest thing for me (I'm biased, obviously), but for hunting I really don't want the reticle in my binos. They look like a great unit, but that's a deal-breaker for me.

fwafwow

WKR
Some of these (including my) posts have gone a bit off topic into other brands. @Formidilosus I'm happy to move mine to a new thread - maybe a broader topic that covers other options/brands.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Some of these (including my) posts have gone a bit off topic into other brands. @Formidilosus I'm happy to move mine to a new thread - maybe a broader topic that covers other options/brands.

It doesn’t matter to me at this point. Most of the bino LRF’s should be compared to the Revics. Despite some increase in contrast/clarity with the Swaro/Zeiss/Leica versions, the total package as a focused hunting implement is currently unmatched.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
It doesn’t matter to me at this point. Most of the bino LRF’s should be compared to the Revics. Despite some increase in contrast/clarity with the Swaro/Zeiss/Leica versions, the total package as a focused hunting implement is currently unmatched.
Thanks. I think I've narrowed down to the Revic vs Vector X, but I'm also curious about the AB guy's hints on SH about "something new" coming. (As others have pointed out over there, something new is always coming.) The Revic may be more ideal for hunting because of the simplicity of the readout, but the Vector X does have the etched "L" reticle. FWIW, there's an Area 419 YT video that compares the Revics to the Vortex Fury HD 5000, Sig 10K, Vector X, Leica Geovid Pro and Swaro EL Range.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks. I think I've narrowed down to the Revic vs Vector X, but I'm also curious about the AB guy's hints on SH about "something new" coming. (As others have pointed out over there, something new is always coming.)

Something new is always coming, and as a general thing AB tends to get complicated with details and options. This isn’t a bad thing necessarily, but for hunting it can be.

The Revic may be more ideal for hunting because of the simplicity of the readout, but the Vector X does have the etched "L" reticle.

Are you spotting shots for other shooters regularly?

FWIW, there's an Area 419 YT video that compares the Revics to the Vortex Fury HD 5000, Sig 10K, Vector X, Leica Geovid Pro and Swaro EL Range.

I’ve seen it. Their focus and use isn’t western hunting- it’s PRS. So their conclusions may or may not match.

huntnful

WKR
Thanks. I think I've narrowed down to the Revic vs Vector X, but I'm also curious about the AB guy's hints on SH about "something new" coming. (As others have pointed out over there, something new is always coming.) The Revic may be more ideal for hunting because of the simplicity of the readout, but the Vector X does have the etched "L" reticle. FWIW, there's an Area 419 YT video that compares the Revics to the Vortex Fury HD 5000, Sig 10K, Vector X, Leica Geovid Pro and Swaro EL Range.
I’ve watched that. Based off their actual video, you would pick the Revic for hunting situations IMO. The only other streamlined hunting related option would be the new Sigs IMO. Which I haven’t personally used.

I shoot the Revic platform out to 1200+ yards pretty often. It takes into account the most important things that most other don’t, for that distance. Which is aerodynamic jump and spin drift. Once you true your data, and have the technology that account for those two things. You don’t need anything else really as far as I can tell.