OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Count down has started
45de5281a7516094ca03103cbdbfd0ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I wish I had video of my scope test. Rifle was attached to my 4 wheeler when I wrecked. 4 wheeler rolled, flipped and caught some serious air. Made it about 800-1000 feet down the mountain. Synthetic stock snapped in half and the barrel was bent like a spaghetti noodle. No damage to the scope at all and I mounted it on my next rifle. It is a Leuopold. Nothing left of the ATV except the frame, engine, and transmission.
Man, that had to hurt bad. That’s awful.

Yes, it hurt. I was trapped under it for a few seconds. One quarter of the atv was on the trail and the other three quarters was hanging off on the downhill side where I was. I was able to free myself before it slid off and began its wild ride. I rolled down the mountain smacking rocks and bushes. I went about 70 feet then kinda did a front somersault making my legs land pointing downhill and that stopped me. My brother was behind me and saw it all. He thought I was dead and he raced down the mountain to check on me. We were pretty shook up. He had to help me back up the mountain because we thought my leg was broken since I couldn’t put any weight on it. Still had to ride out on the trail then another 4 miles or so back to the truck. Turned out I was fine except for a stress fracture in my Tibia. Had to go back about 3 weeks later with two more atv’s and 3000’ of cable, rope, and snatch blocks to pull my 4 wheeler out. What a memory!

Wrench

WKR
I lost a kimber Montana with a swfa 3x9 from a motorcycle when my leather scabbard blew a seam. I must have been rolling at least 25mph when it pogoed into earth. I realized that it was missing several miles later. I had to repair the stock and barrel had to be re crowned and blasted....that scope hasn't missed a beat. It sure looks like hell though.