RokStok

lak2004

WKR
I never changed my order, unless you consider calling them to cancel part of my order “changing” and thus dropping to the bottom. Which is crap, if that’s what happened.

I’m not sure if the hold up is on molds or cerakote. If they only ordered 5 tikka molds, they made an economic decision at the expense of their promised timeline. Am I pissed? No. But I would be willing to bet a vast majority of us fully expected them to be through the first day of orders at the 5 month point.
Call them and ask for an update...

ljalberta

WKR
My impression is two things.

1. UM is busy as heck and trying to keep up/catch up while getting the whole team on the same page is difficult and not without hiccups. They may have over promised at the start (but I haven’t even looked back to see exactly what was said early on), but I don’t know why people are surprised there’s been hiccups along the way during UM’s first stock development they have done. With so many balls in the air between UM, S2H and rolling out new products, some get dropped while the team expands their capacity. The big thing for me is what UM does when a ball is dropped, and so far it seems like Jake is going as far as it takes to make things right.

2. It’s shocking to me to see how many people are surprised that there have been issues and delays. This is so common with preordering for any product while it is still in development. Kickstarter, crowdfunding and dev-pre orders are not new, and this can be a standard part of it. You can always provide estimates, but you can’t guarantee how long to get a undeveloped product to someone’s hands until that production line is fully rolling. I get asking for product updates, but some of these posts are bordering on whining.

I do love seeing the pictures rolling in though of the new RokStok setups and corresponding feedback on use.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Call them and ask for an update...
I’ve been unable to reach them. Emails/VMails. I get it, they are busy. The more people call them, the less time they spend on actual work. I limit to checking once per month. I’m checking this week, since it’s been a month since my last update.

slowelk

WKR

1. UM is busy as heck and trying to keep up/catch up while getting the whole team on the same page is difficult and not without hiccups. They may have over promised at the start (but I haven’t even looked back to see exactly what was said early on), but I don’t know why people aren’t surprised there’s been hiccups along the way during UM’s first stock development they have done. With so many balls in the air between UM, S2H and rolling out new products, some get dropped while the team expands their capacity. The big thing for me is what UM does when a ball is dropped, and so far it seems like
Jake is going as far as it takes to make things right.

2. It’s shocking to me to see how many people are surprised that there have been issues and delays. This is so common with preordering for any product while it is still in development. Kickstarter, crowdfunding and dev-pre orders are not new, and this can be a standard part of it. You can always provide estimates, but you can’t guarantee how long to get a undeveloped product to someone’s hands until that production line is fully rolling. I get asking for product updates, but some of these posts are bordering on whining.

I do love seeing the pictures rolling in though of the new RokStok setups and corresponding feedback on use.

I agree that there is a lot of consternation about timelines that is a little unwarranted. I certainly respect the process of bringing a new product to market, while running a well-established and growing business that has many other products and service lines.

Ryan has mentioned how he hates pre-orders because bitching starts as soon as money is transferred. That's where we are at right now, and it's amplified because timelines have been squishy. I don't think people's behavior is surprising at all. Is it totally rational? No.

TheCougar

WKR

1. UM is busy as heck and trying to keep up/catch up while getting the whole team on the same page is difficult and not without hiccups. They may have over promised at the start (but I haven’t even looked back to see exactly what was said early on), but I don’t know why people aren’t surprised there’s been hiccups along the way during UM’s first stock development they have done. With so many balls in the air between UM, S2H and rolling out new products, some get dropped while the team expands their capacity. The big thing for me is what UM does when a ball is dropped, and so far it seems like
Jake is going as far as it takes to make things right.

I agree. I never expected them to actually meet their timeline, and I half expect my stock to show up with some quality escapes. It’s part of the process. My son leaves for MT for the summer in a couple of weeks and I had been talking up shooting the Rokstoks with new cans and doing the CBC before he leaves. Maybe I’m a little whiny. It just isn’t going to happen before he leaves.

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
I agree that there is a lot of consternation about timelines that is a little unwarranted. I certainly respect the process of bringing a new product to market, while running a well-established and growing business that has many other products and service lines.

Ryan has mentioned how he hates pre-orders because bitching starts as soon as money is transferred. That's where we are at right now, and it's amplified because timelines have been squishy. I don't think people's behavior is surprising at all. Is it totally rational? No.
Speaking for myself here, I think a lot of the consternation comes from the fact that the timelines were not presented as being squishy. 90 days was presented as rok solid, no?

slowelk

WKR
Speaking for myself here, I think a lot of the consternation comes from the fact that the timelines were not presented as being squishy. 90 days was presented as rok solid, no?

Initially stated/projected timelines were firm. Actual timelines, and more recent timeline projections - squishy.

BjornF16

WKR
5 months… 12/21 order for the standard “tear” pattern. I got two eForm approvals in the last 2 weeks. Now just waiting for the email from UM. Anyone have any updates? I left a message and an email, but nothing yet. I know they are busy with guys like me who are getting antsy.
Ordered standard "tear" pattern with Spartan/Pic Rail on 12/21...got shipping notice yesterday.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
It was always 90 days after final approval
91 days after January 1st is April 1st. Today is the 21st of May so day 141.

I have a friend waiting on a manners that will be 1 year in June.... so I'm not complaining yet...

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I created this, because in my arrogance I don't want my discussion of the stock lost in all this noise. I also would like to be able to find what others have said without digging too much. There have already been some good comments that are buried, so hopefully others will post to the review thread as well.

No review from me yet, but FedEx says I should have it in hand before this weekend.

TheCougar

WKR
I created this, because in my arrogance I don't want my discussion of the stock lost in all this noise. I also would like to be able to find what others have said without digging too much. There have already been some good comments that are buried, so hopefully others will post to the review thread as well.

No review from me yet, but FedEx says I should have it in hand before this weekend.

Great idea, thank you.