RRS Cinch-LR Elite vs Polymer Cinch

I was curious for anyone that has used both the RRS cinch elite (Machined aluminum) and the polymer version bino tripod adaptor. I have the polymer version and I do like it, but there is a little flex in it. I was wondering if the machined aluminum one is more rock solid?

Thanks,

Adam

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, I have used both extensively… the aluminum is solid with no flex in the mount. It’s a little heavier of course. You can still get a little flex from the strap and rubber armor will flex if you were applying torque to the binocular, but not to the extent that would allow any vibration in wind due to the mount. Probably the opposite as the rubber should actually dampen vibration a tiny amount.

As you know, you can cam the strap over extremely tight. I don’t think there’s a better tripod adapter out there. If I was only getting one I’d probably opt for the machined version for 15’s and 18’s, and the polymer version for 8’s - 12 x 42’s. 12x50’s is a toss-up. To be honest I think both work great across the board.

Only glass they’re not gonna work on is EL range with the humps on the bottom.

I have elite’s and a few polymer in stock if you would like to upgrade, trade-up, or pick another one up.

Coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWB

FNG
It will work with the EL Range just fine, you just have to run it in front of the hump close to the objective. I've been runnig the poly one for about 6 months with the SLC 15x56 and the EL Range both.

Honyock

WKR
I use the polymer cinch with Zeiss Conquest 10x42 and can't imagine a scenario that I would need the aluminum cinch. Maybe on bigger/heavier binos but not on what I use.

ncederholm

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Kinda late to the party here, but I actually bought my polymer Cinch from @Rent Outdoor Gear. I’m using it on a pair of Razor HD 12x50(my go-to’s) & Razor UHD 18x56(Dads). I live in AK but have spent the past 2 months in AZ deer hunting (visiting family too) but mainly spending time in the southern desert looking for a badass Desert Muley. Lots of glassing time was spent and the RRS polymer cinch literally performed absolutely perfect. Depending on our day/location, I used the cinch on a couple different tripod combos: field optics pro max tripod w/ RRS BH, RRS Ascend-14L-BH tripod, and an absolute beast of a tripod in my dad’s RRS TFCT-34L. We experienced classic desert weather, sub-freezing nights/mornings, quick temperature fluctuations, we had a bunch of major downpour days that came and went within minutes, and ofcourse we had some windy days with dust blowing all up in our gear. I used the Poly-Cinch throughly it all and only had one issue, when I was fitting the cinch it felt like it took me a long time to find the sweet spot, I get nervous about clamping too tight to binos (I know, I know) but I just don’t want to break anything due to my gorilla brain trying to over tighten stuff.

Main Reasons I went Polymer is:
A- Weight (I know it’s not much but as they say, “ounces equal pounds”)
B- Flexibility, it’s a nice, low-pro mount that mounts to pretty much whatever arca clamp you want, and it’s easy to use amongst essentially any bino you choose. Plus it’s kinda like a QD, super easy and quick!
C- Price, if you’re comparing the aluminum to the polymer, I’m sure there’s a difference in flex and like it’s been stated above, if you’re worried about that go with the aluminum, but the cost of the polymer cinch is less and half that cost and is pretty dang close, lighter, and is still made in the USA which is a huge plus!

All in all, it’s personal preference. What may work for me, may not work for you. You know yourself best, trust your first thoughts and if you just so happen to be wrong, shoot that’s just a learning experience!

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kinda late to the party here, but I actually bought my polymer Cinch from @Rent Outdoor Gear. I’m using it on a pair of Razor HD 12x50(my go-to’s) & Razor UHD 18x56(Dads). I live in AK but have spent the past 2 months in AZ deer hunting (visiting family too) but mainly spending time in the southern desert looking for a badass Desert Muley. Lots of glassing time was spent and the RRS polymer cinch literally performed absolutely perfect. Depending on our day/location, I used the cinch on a couple different tripod combos: field optics pro max tripod w/ RRS BH, RRS Ascend-14L-BH tripod, and an absolute beast of a tripod in my dad’s RRS TFCT-34L. We experienced classic desert weather, sub-freezing nights/mornings, quick temperature fluctuations, we had a bunch of major downpour days that came and went within minutes, and ofcourse we had some windy days with dust blowing all up in our gear. I used the Poly-Cinch throughly it all and only had one issue, when I was fitting the cinch it felt like it took me a long time to find the sweet spot, I get nervous about clamping too tight to binos (I know, I know) but I just don’t want to break anything due to my gorilla brain trying to over tighten stuff.

Main Reasons I went Polymer is:
A- Weight (I know it’s not much but as they say, “ounces equal pounds”)
B- Flexibility, it’s a nice, low-pro mount that mounts to pretty much whatever arca clamp you want, and it’s easy to use amongst essentially any bino you choose. Plus it’s kinda like a QD, super easy and quick!
C- Price, if you’re comparing the aluminum to the polymer, I’m sure there’s a difference in flex and like it’s been stated above, if you’re worried about that go with the aluminum, but the cost of the polymer cinch is less and half that cost and is pretty dang close, lighter, and is still made in the USA which is a huge plus!

All in all, it’s personal preference. What may work for me, may not work for you. You know yourself best, trust your first thoughts and if you just so happen to be wrong, shoot that’s just a learning experience!
Awesome report on your experience with the product! Thanks for sharing!

ZWA

Lil-Rokslider
This is a really interesting option if you do not want to send your EL's in to Outdoorsmans for a stud pressed in.

Any change of thoughts on the RRS vs Bino Hand?

tdhanses

WKR
This is a really interesting option if you do not want to send your EL's in to Outdoorsmans for a stud pressed in.

I have both, the RRS is much better then the bino hand and way less bulky.

Honyock

WKR

I like the fact that you can leave the Cinch on your bino and your bino still fits in your bino harness. One less thing to keep up with and you don't have to take it on and off. Weighs basically nothing and you don't notice it when free handing. Also makes switching from bino to spotting scope back to bino on a tripod quick and easy.

I like the fact that you can leave the Cinch on your bino and your bino still fits in your bino harness. One less thing to keep up with and you don't have to take it on and off. Weighs basically nothing and you don't notice it when free handing. Also makes switching from bino to spotting scope back to bino on a tripod quick and easy.
Exactly.

When I bought my Cinch, machined was the only option. There was no polymer offered back then. Even if it was, I'd have gone the same route. Great piece of equipment!

Bluto

WKR
Welp. I was looking for something else and the rokslide rabbit hole network got me here.

I want one just because it’s one piece and will fit in my bino harness. I’m sick of adaptors and #%&$ to lose.

Order inbound this week Coop. I’d prefer to support a rokslider.