S 2 S ether extreme vs thermarest xtherm MAX wide?

Seeknelk

WKR
Sort of a moot point cause the thermarest wide doesn't exist right now. Anyone try both? Thoughts? Really wanted the TR but I better get the ether extreme and test it out I suppose..

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got the S2S now, and I've used the Xtherm before. If weight and pack size are a concern, then the Xtherm is hands down the winner. If weight and pack size don't matter as much, the S2S is pretty comfy. If you have bare skin on the S2S it's loud as hell, I don't care what anyone says. But, it's available everywhere right now, so there's that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Seeknelk

WKR
Thanks! Yeah, I got the big s to s on the way so I'll be trying it out.
I'm a side sleeper so the extra thickness may be just what I need.

Fulton

FNG
XTherm Max Wide is great. I much prefer it to mummy shaped xtherm. It is loud but you get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Seeknelk

WKR
XTherm Max Wide is great. I much prefer it to mummy shaped xtherm. It is loud but you get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's what I wanted , the x therm max wide ,but apparently they don't exist. I'll try this sea to summit ether xt extreme ...4" thick shouldn't suck too bad.

I went ether lite before the insulated version came out. 6’3” 250# side sleeper. I got the wide rectangle version. 4” of comfort is a dream. I don’t notice noise much. It is quieter than my aerolite But noisier than my xtherm. My xtheem has become my loaner pad now. I have only slept on mine into the teens, but insulation has been fine. I may upgrade to the insulated version but right now I don’t feel a strong need.

OP
S

Seeknelk

WKR
I went ether lite before the insulated version came out. 6’3” 250# side sleeper. I got the wide rectangle version. 4” of comfort is a dream. I don’t notice noise much. It is quieter than my aerolite But noisier than my xtherm. My xtheem has become my loaner pad now. I have only slept on mine into the teens, but insulation has been fine. I may upgrade to the insulated version but right now I don’t feel a strong need.
Thanks! Yeah I actually just got the pad. Can't wait to try it. I have lighter pads for warmer weather. I'm 5-10, 265 side sleeper , trying to not have numb arms or fingers or achy hips. Almost at my peak at 43 and don't wanna keep hurtin when I have fun😄

mlgc20

WKR
I’ve slept on both. The S2S is definitely more comfortable. But, the weight penalty is pretty substantial. If you mostly do truck camping, it’s great. It’s size and weight don’t make it much of a backpacking pad IMO.