Facing hate as a NR? Just let them know

It's easy to "hate" NR when CPW oversells tags by 5x and you get stacked at two access points for an entire unit in the later seasons. I'm not mad at NR, I'm upset at CPW for failing the residents. No other state gives as much opportunity and access as Colorado at the detriment to the residents.

I've had a couple issues with Residents in other states-

But the worst was a hunt in my home state of CA. We parked my buddies truck in the trinity mountains for a backpack Blacktail Bowhunt. Some anti hunting chick from Berkeley smeared a tomato sauce concoction all over my buddies Landcruiser and destroyers the paint job. A good samaritan took down their license plate...but the short story prosecuting that Biotch was going to be an act of god so my buddy just filed with his insurance company.

I’ll also pile onto the MN/WIS guys. I grew up right in the flyway in North Dakota and right along the Missouri River. We would get overran with blue platers and sconis. It seemed like 4/5 would sure achieve the stereotypes and earned their hatred. I’ve seen uncountable groups stake out PLOTS lands for a week, brag about limits of hen pheasants thinking they got into grouse, set up their ice house 20 feet away with literally no one else on the lake, etc. There’s a reason we call boat binos “Minnesota Fish Finders” and you learn from a real early age to keep the net low or just sneak the small ones over the side of the boat. After about the second time waving that net around, you’ll have a whole army of MN/WIS boats close enough to literally be tangling lines with you…..

Twice in my life I was thankful I had Oregon plates. Probably before this place became a nationwide known shithole.
True stories:
1. In Iowa circa 2009. Already killed my buck on public and needed to fill my doe tag. Saw about 50 out in a pasture field. Stopped, asked permission to shoot one. Owner asked "where you from? You from South Carolina?" Nope. Told him Oregon. He said kill as many as you want.
2. In Nodak asked permission for ducks. Once again, asked where from. Told him. He literally walked to my truck and looked at license plates. Said good thing you aren't from SC. They fed us dinner that night as well. Circa 2013.
SC folks got a bad rep!

I’ll also pile onto the MN/WIS guys. I grew up right in the flyway in North Dakota and right along the Missouri River. We would get overran with blue platers and sconis. It seemed like 4/5 would sure achieve the stereotypes and earned their hatred. I’ve seen uncountable groups stake out PLOTS lands for a week, brag about limits of hen pheasants thinking they got into grouse, set up their ice house 20 feet away with literally no one else on the lake, etc. There’s a reason we call boat binos “Minnesota Fish Finders” and you learn from a real early age to keep the net low or just sneak the small ones over the side of the boat. After about the second time waving that net around, you’ll have a whole army of MN/WIS boats close enough to literally be tangling lines with you…..
In MN we call them Iowa fish finders

Back