Scope mounting to maintain zero

My apologies I missed the part where he said rings and scope, I just read scope. My point was favor the rings number over the scope number especially if it's lower.

I shoot 2-3x a week and occasionally check things and never found any lose. That said I run the same rings or mounts on 90% of my guns, degreased and torqued to spec. I've found what works for me, if you're having to Loctite all your stuff, perhaps you need better rings.

I'm guessing where and under what conditions one uses their rifles and pulls the trigger (i.e., "shoots") may be significant.

Rest ASSURED,that rifles ONLY can,will and do shoot loose and NEVER tight.

Will handing someone a container of Elmer's Glue,make them "smarter"? Nope.

Rifles are SIMPLISTIC "machines".............

I'm guessing where and under what conditions one uses their rifles and pulls the trigger (i.e., "shoots") may be significant.

I think that's the diplomatic answer. You're not wrong, I baby my stuff both when hunting or range trips. I also tend to shoot suppressed and moderate calibers all of which probably contribute to my success without thread locker. Don't get me wrong I love the stuff and fully agree there is a time and place to use it, application / preference specific.

Rest ASSURED,that rifles ONLY can,will and do shoot loose and NEVER tight.

Will handing someone a container of Elmer's Glue,make them "smarter"? Nope.

Rifles are SIMPLISTIC "machines".............

.....except quick change barrels, they shoot tight....sometimes.

Wall thickness on scope tubes is a thing. Most “lightweight” scopes are not a good idea. Very few riflescopes are built correctly. Ring lapping should be a moot point with the correct tube wall thickness, barring any excessive action hole issues.

Copy that. Is there an integral ring on the market like that- that you’d recommend?

For what rifle?

In addition to hawkins, the leupold backcountry one peice look to be potentially more reliable than talley.

With tikkas, the sportsmatch or UM rings work well.

@Formidilosus what is the current recommended mounting system for a scope going onto an integrated Picatinny rail? Looks like I'll have another Sako 90 in hand earlier than expected, and this model uses their new integrated into the receiver picatinny mounting system. I want a set of ring bases and rings that I don't have to worry about coming loose in the field. Thanks.

@Formidilosus what is the current recommended mounting system for a scope going onto an integrated Picatinny rail? Looks like I'll have another Sako 90 in hand earlier than expected, and this model uses their new integrated into the receiver picatinny mounting system. I want a set of ring bases and rings that I don't have to worry about coming loose in the field. Thanks.

Man I still prefer Nightforce UL pic rings to anything else. Warne Mountian Tech are good too.

Back