Seek Outside DCF Available Again

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's a HUGE advantage in the smaller shelters not for weight, but for the no-sag when wet aspect.

I think the fabric would be a big advantage in the larger shelters too. As of this posting there is one Cimarron slot left to pre-order. That would be an incredible shelter to use when it turns wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I already have a DCF Silex and Cimmaron. Both are awesome. Awesome enough that I contemplated getting another when I got the preorder email.

If I could only have one shelter, it would be a DCF Cimmaron.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already have a DCF Silex and Cimmaron. Both are awesome. Awesome enough that I contemplated getting another when I got the preorder email.

If I could only have one shelter, it would be a DCF Cimmaron.
That sounds like the perfect pair of shelters.

DCF is gonna look a lot less appealing to all but the most wealthy and weight conscious customers when sil-poly becomes more available IMO

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
DCF is gonna look a lot less appealing to all but the most wealthy and weight conscious customers when sil-poly becomes more available IMO
Sil-poly has been available for years. I forget the reason, but 5 or 6 years ago I dug into various materials and came to the conclusion that I would prefer sil-nylon to sil-poly for my shelters.

Of course, as I don't remember why, perhaps I would not come to the same conclusion today.

6.5x284

WKR
Possibly. It may not work out with the patterns. We are experimenting with some different things though.
Any thought of using Challenge Sailcloth Ultra TNT as a fabric on those bigger tents? Seems to have no sag, properties extremely similar to DCF, for a very small weight penalty and signifanct cost savings. Just curious! I have a DCF Cimarron from you guys that I love but saw some other tent makers using Challenge TNT and it seems promising, for my wallet at least!

6.5x284

WKR
Possibly. We have some here that we are lightly messing with. Its cool.
Sign me up for the first Ch.TNT² (Challenge TNT Tarp). A no sag, ultralight, bomber 7.5'x9' tarp! I may just buy some fabric to sew one the more I think about it.